No announcement yet.

Ward vs Kovalev 2 many instances of fighters losing a rd and coming back to win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grandmasterwang View Post
    i agree with you. I can't recall a single other fight where a boxer is awarded a tko win after a foul.
    in comes his alt..............lol

Comment

he wasn't just losing a round, he was slowing down seriously and looked like he may well be stopped.

that said, he took a lot of damage from low blows during the course of the fight, and the ref made a huge mistake in not taking any points or allowing kovalev to recover.

see, guys? objectivity!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        he wasn't just losing a round, he was slowing down seriously and looked like he may well be stopped.

that said, he took a lot of damage from low blows during the course of the fight, and the ref made a huge mistake in not taking any points or allowing kovalev to recover.

see, guys? objectivity!
        i agree......the 2 clear body shots that ward landed kovalov should have been awarded protection and 15 minute break like he was looking for.

i am very objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
          i agree......the 2 clear body shots that ward landed kovalov should have been awarded protection and 15 minute break like he was looking for.

i am very objective.

clean win. fighter lands a low blow, fight is called off.

objective. calling shots that ward himself called borderline "clear body shots" is also objective. FFS ward himself called them borderline

whatever helps you guys sleep at night . i am an objective poster. i am actually a ward fan. i went to las vegas to see the first kovalev fight, and i wasn't there to see kovalev. i even bet on ward. do not care if oyu don't believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
            There is an argument on this forum that because ward was winning the fight the low blow didn't matter. I will name two fights where the fighter was even more hurt and still came back to win the fight. Anthony joshua was out on his feet vs wladamir. Marquex was getting pummeled by manny prior to koing him. KOVALEV VS WARD 2 was a dead even fight coming in the 8th rd. Ward winning the rd and never dropping kovalev one time does not justify turning a bline eye to low blows.
            Kovalev was unable to defend himself, a fighter must hold in order to survive, and Kov couldn't. Re-watch how Ward finished him, it was masterful. Each time he tried holding or grabbing Ward, SOG would just wring his arms out, it's what lead to Kov getting hit with around 17 straight punches at the end.

Comment

objective. calling shots that ward himself called borderline "clear body shots" is also objective. FFS ward himself called them borderline

whatever helps you guys sleep at night . i am an objective poster. i am actually a ward fan. i went to las vegas to see the first kovalev fight, and i wasn't there to see kovalev. i even bet on ward. do not care if oyu don't believe me.
              clean win. fighter lands a rabbit punch, fight is called off.

objective = thinking the last punch is all dat matters doe

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                Kovalev was unable to defend himself, a fighter must hold in order to survive, and Kov couldn't. Re-watch how Ward finished him, it was masterful. Each time he tried holding or grabbing Ward, SOG would just wring his arms out, it's what lead to Kov getting hit with around 17 straight punches at the end.
                Please look at the facts instead of repeating the BS narrative.

You show that right counter in slow motion, but here is the whole sequence: Kovalev was hit flush, backed up, avoided more shots and threw a jab back at Ward which made Ward initiate a clinch.

And then here is Ward throwing a hook that Kovalev avoided right before the final lowblow flurry:

17 straight punches at the end? Whattt???

So where is Kovalev defenseless exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post

17 straight punches at the end? Whattt???

So where is Kovalev defenseless exactly?
                  That vid is a joke lmao, Ward is clearly landing and they're not counting it. They didn't even count the 3 punch combo he landed to the head and body which are clear as day.

Comment

border line shots that was deemed before the fight as legal (because their trunks were so high) would be LEGAL. the shot that u posted at the end was of a kovalov crunched over protecting his body (not his nuts) and the punch landed on his belly button. kovolov was already hunched over at that point from body blows where did u want ward to hit him in his arms? really really take a look at the film. only his arms are available so ward came up underneath with that shot.

also save me the bull**** stories. don't really care. i wasn't there with u in vegas to confirm any of that. u can be or say what ever u want over the internet. i just stick to boxing talk.
                    Last edited by Godsfly; 06-24-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      That vid is a joke lmao, Ward is clearly landing and they're not counting it. They didn't even count the 3 punch combo he landed to the head and body which are clear as day.
                      What about the 'Kovalev wasn't defending himself' part?

Comment

Working...
                      X