Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Punishes, Beats Down Pascal Over Seven For TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed— Kovalev beat an old Hopkins who has struggled against all decent competition lately and a Pascal who lost to Froch in his prime (at home).

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlisle View Post
      Agreed— Kovalev beat an old Hopkins who has struggled against all decent competition lately and a Pascal who lost to Froch in his prime (at home).
      Whose home, Frochs? Not sure why that should count against Pascal. And not sure about prime, he was straight off ESPN 2, looking like a failed prospect

Comment

• You made my point— Ward beat both Froch (in his prime) and Dawson (in his prime), who beat both fighters (Hopkins and Pascal) that Kovalev is being credited for beating. It's not like Kovalev is beating lineal champs or P4P fighters in their prime. When he fights and beats a p4p fighter in their prime then he's proven. But he's not going to beat Ward.

Comment

You made my point— Ward beat both Froch (in his prime) and Dawson (in his prime), who beat both fighters (Hopkins and Pascal) that Kovalev is being credited for beating. It's not like Kovalev is beating lineal champs or P4P fighters in their prime. When he fights and beats a p4p fighter in their prime then he's proven. But he's not going to beat Ward.
          Just unclear why you said at home. Froch had the hometown advantage vs green Pascal, Kov conceded it.

Not sure why you're mentioning Dawson, he was dead at 168. That guy is not beating Hop, or anyone top 10. Froch is a quality win of course, Wards best but he wasn't p4p then, and would struggle vs ancient Hopkins.

Comment

• S.O.G SPEAKS WITH HIS FATHER

S.O.G ....Andre ward walks up mount Sinai and say's father this is your S.O.G calling...Father I am seeking your help and guidance ?

GOD...... You have much worry upon your brow my son, what is it my son how can I help you in your hour of need ?

S.O.G ... i have been given a task set upon me by my superiors and I must thwart this nemesis and return from this dangerous mission victorious !!!

GOD.... My son who is this nemesis that your quaking voice speaks of ..do not be afraid to speak his name to me my son

S.O.G. FATHER IT's SERGEY KOVALEV

GOD. What ....are you crazy my son he will give you a savage beating and even I cannot help you with this impossible task ....Retirement is my advice

S.O.G. OK FATHER I WILL AVOID HIM

Comment

• Pascal was fighting scared and was hoping kovalev was going to slow down lol. Not a chance, kovalev could of took him out ages ago. On a side note wow he looked big in there almost like a heavyweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
                Who's has Roach ever improved? His prize pupil, PAC has fought the same way his entire career even before he got with Roach.

And I don't watch HBO fights with the volume up, too much bias for house fighter. They should bring back George Foreman because he would call them out on that B.S.
                Pac has drastically improved under Roach. Cotto has also improved.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                  Pascal begged for another round and proceeded to throw 2 punches. Lol
                  Yeah I hear you, I thought he might be going for the gusto but nope he just didn't have it in him.

Comment

You made my point— Ward beat both Froch (in his prime) and Dawson (in his prime), who beat both fighters (Hopkins and Pascal) that Kovalev is being credited for beating. It's not like Kovalev is beating lineal champs or P4P fighters in their prime. When he fights and beats a p4p fighter in their prime then he's proven. But he's not going to beat Ward.
                    Pascal was also the first man to beat Dawson so that kills your whole triangle theory.

Comment

Savage beating? Dream on. Ward dominated the men (Dawson and Froch) who beat the men (Hopkins and Pascal) which Kovalev made his name from. He knocked down Dawson 3-4 times, not to mention he beat Froch with one hand. Ward is the man who beat the men, that beat the men, Kovalev just beat. So you're not looking at someone who's fighting competition that Ward has beaten— much less Wards level.
                      Drained Dawson, clinched and wrestled his way to a victory over Carl Froch wow... how impressive, not.

Comment

Working...
                      X