No announcement yet.

PBC on NBC averages 2M viewers. HBO Championship Boxing averages 1.3M

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    It just means that on average 800k boxing fans can't afford HBO. It's easily $100 for a package that includes HBO where you can get a package with NBC and cbs for like $14 a month. You are comparing apples to oranges my friend
    I'm doing the comparisons to show that more people are being exposed to PBC fighters than HBO fighters. Don't you want as many people as possible to watch your fighters?

Comment

So what? Are we seriously having network wars?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        So what? Are we seriously having network wars?
        Yes. Boxing is a business.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          I'm doing the comparisons to show that more people are being exposed to PBC fighters than HBO fighters. Don't you want as many people as possible to watch your fighters?
          Most of the fights are boring, too many "RUN first" boxers with Al.

Imagine Fransisco Vargas Vs Muira on PBC, Canelo vs Cotto, or even Ruslan vs Mathysse.

I know good ole AL looks out for his fighters, but this is a business, the HURT business to be exact, people like back and forth action, he needs to cater to the fans for PBC to blow up.

Even Hardcore fans will turn off the TV if a fighter is just there to steal a win, the most anti-dramatic way possible.

Imagine Gatti Ward on PBC, lol the world would go wild.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
            Most of the fights are boring, too many "RUN first" boxers with Al.

Imagine Fransisco Vargas Vs Muira on PBC, Canelo vs Cotto, or even Ruslan vs Mathysse.

I know good ole AL looks out for his fighters, but this is a business, the HURT business to be exact, people like back and forth action, he needs to cater to the fans for PBC to blow up.

Even Hardcore fans will turn off the TV if a fighter is just there to steal a win, the most anti-dramatic way possible.

Imagine Gatti Ward on PBC, lol the world would go wild.
            I agree. The best fights were on Spike Tv. Honestly besides Broner-Porter none of the NBC cards were compelling. But the top fighters got exposure. So imagine when Porter/Thurman is on Fox or NBC or Wilder/Povetkin or Khan/Garcia II. Khan did 1.1 on Spike TV. Spence is known now. Whenever they decide to put their foot on the pedal they can avg 3-4 mil imo.

Comment

It just means that on average 800k boxing fans can't afford HBO. It's easily $100 for a package that includes HBO where you can get a package with NBC and cbs for like $14 a month. You are comparing apples to oranges my friend
              I think he's talking about the exposure the boxers are getting.

Comment

PBC only has room to grow. Won't be long before the takeover.

Comment

HBO is selling their bigger fights to alot of other countries, for example all GGG fights can be seen in most of europe on free tv.

You will never see PBC fights here.

Europeans prefer quality over quantity.

Comment

NBC is broadcast nationally and you don't need cable or satellite to receive it. HBO is available by paid subscription and it is primarily only available to cable and satellite subscribers. So basically NBC is in three times as many homes, of course it will have more viewers.

Comment

Lol what??

You know you can get NBC/CBS for free with rabbit ears right? Even in HD.

Comment

Working...
                      X