Collapse
No announcement yet.

God does not exist: true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't used mine for films yet, but that's a good idea. I am subscribed to lovefilm, but the online selection isn't too good. I'll check out Netflix, do they do any deals? My lovefilm was bought through Groupon.

I have jumped back to my laptop for browsing, it's just easier to use it for multiple sites.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Richard Dawkins admits to Intelligent Design though

Comment

• Originally posted by Larrysbird View Post

Richard Dawkins admits to Intelligent Design though
        I've not even watched it but it's edited by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          I've not even watched it but it's edited by the way.
          in short he said intelligent design may have consisted of really really really smart aliens planting a seed on earth

Comment

• Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
            in short he said intelligent design may have consisted of really really really smart aliens planting a seed on earth
            oh right i assumed it was a classic quote mining video carefully spliced together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larrysbird View Post

Richard Dawkins admits to Intelligent Design though
              He doesn't admit to intelligent design in the classic sense of God creating humans out of dust.

He says a master race created the first self replicating molecule.

And he didn't say this was true, he just said it's a possibility when the guy asked "Could intelligent design...?" He was basically stating the only type of intelligent design he could possibly envisage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                He doesn't admit to intelligent design in the classic sense of God creating humans out of dust.

He says a master race created the first self replicating molecule.

And he didn't say this was true, he just said it's a possibility when the guy asked "Could intelligent design...?" He was basically stating the only type of intelligent design he could possibly envisage.
                but but but...there was a guy's voice who said Dawkins admitted to intelligent design dubbed into the video half way through. That had to haven been God speaking in the video to let everyone know that Dawkins believes in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud View Post
                  Riiiiight. The talking snake told Eve to eat an apple. So that is why God kills children?
                  Yeah, you got it nailed down, God is the bad guy and you have the right to judge Him.

You quite clearly stated that you believe the rise in earthquakes, (you cited Indonesia and Japan), are due to the worlds sins and named Hitler, Stalin and Mao.
                  If you like, i can make a list of quotes that follow your argument for you to see.
                  You asked if I thought we have been sinning more recently than before, I pointed out Hitler, Mao, and Stalin, so you had shut up about that question and twisted it into something else.

i.e you cannot explain your own position.

Just explain to me how on one hand the evidence for God is obvious because its all around us. Yet on the other hand the evidence for God is in incredibly complex science that so far isnt fully understood.

Are you saying that evidence for God is in what we dont understand? i.e. God of the gaps?
                  You originally said the evidence for God is so obvious, people are being wilfully ignorant to ignore it. Really? They are wilfully ignorant by not studying science so complex even the leading scientists dont yet understand it?
                  i.e. I explained my position thoroughly, you, for whatever reason just cannot grasp it.

Then you shouldnt be accusing anyone of lacking comprehension skills. That would be hypocritical of you wouldnt it.
                  You made an incoherent statement.

Il explain why its a 'lame comparison'.
                  Evidence for the existence of God is the universe. Correct?
                  Evidence for the existence of Bill Gates is Microsoft?? Obviously not.
                  Again you missed the point completely, or maybe you didn't even bother looking for it. In either case its not that hard to understand.

btw, its not that your post was too difficult to grasp, it simply doesnt make any sense. (the underlined)
                  Il explain why;
                  If we first thought an event was caused by a supernatural entity, but then found out a natural cause, we cannot still give credit to the supernatural entity.
                  An event can be caused by a supernatural entity (God), through a natural cause, get it?

The Bible to date has been translated in its entirety into less than 2000 of the world’s estimated 6,900 languages.
                  First and foremost you are grasping at straws, the bible has been translated into 2,500+ languages, which accounts for roughly 97% of the population, and for the remaining 200,000,000 there is already a project underway to have the bible extended to reach the rest of those people.

And talk about being wilfully ignorant...almost everyone interprets different passages differently. Even people on these boards disagree with many parts of the bible.
                  Exactly what passages are you talking about?

How exactly can you verify the talking snake story? Id say, if god is killing children because Eve ate an apple, it is quite important to verify if the story is true or not.
                  What kind of question is that? Is anything impossible for God, if He truly is God? Why not ask how exactly can you verify that Jesus brought people back from the dead, or how Jonah survived in a whale for 3 days? These are all miracles that are faith based.

lol. Wow. Personal attacks and a total straw man argument.
                  "Judge not lest ye be judged". So who is the hypocrite now? lol
                  "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." (John 7:24)

Based on your character you are a hypocrite. In anycase you never answered my question you are pro life right?
                  Last edited by Enayze; 02-03-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• does God have the feet to be fleet footed like Ali...

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
                      Do you think anybody knows for sure whether the tooth fairy is real?
                      The tooth fairy is a story invented to help little kids get over the trauama of losing teeth.

A thirst for the divine is imprinted into every human being since the beginning of time. Every single civilization has had a hunger and an instinct to search for where they came from.

If you open your eyes and heart.. if you listen carefully.. to the earth, to the stars, to your dreams, then you will know that there is something greater about all this.

Even atheists have this hunger. It's just they gave up somewhere along the way for whatever reason or inability. Some people never give up.
                      Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-03-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X