Collapse
No announcement yet.

is noua inoue the real deal or a high quality japanese device

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What more does he have to do to prove himself? Any P4P list that has him lower than no. 3 probably isn't all that credible.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Man that's crazy....Inoue beat Omar Narvaez about 6 years ago, since then he has wins over McDonnel, Payano, Donaire....all the while having moved into bantamweight.

Inoue is the real deal and of course he has more challenges to come.
      People don't follow the lower weights and assume foreign fighters are garbage. Few weeks ago I had a poster calling Kosei Tanaka a bum who hasn't fought anyone. If they're not a name they recognize, it doesn't matter if they're great or not.

Comment

He’s obviously good but not top 3 P4P good.

His wins over top 10 contenders are:

Donaire
        Narvaez
        Payano
        McDonell
        Maloney
        Kono
        Rodriguez

The best fighters around his weight class (115-122) as he was rising through the ranks are Rigondeaux, Estrada, Rungvisai, Gonzalez, and Cuadras.

He did this over a span of 5 years. I think he definitely KO’s Gonzalez. Gonzalez just takes way too many punches and relies on his chin way too much. He likes to take his opponent’s 4-5 punches in order to get his 1-2 hard punches in and I think because of this Inoue is all wrong for him. I don’t think Inoue is a guy you want to just allow to hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          He’s obviously good but not top 3 P4P good.

His wins over top 10 contenders are:

Donaire
          Narvaez
          Payano
          McDonell
          Maloney
          Kono
          Rodriguez

The best fighters around his weight class (115-122) as he was rising through the ranks are Rigondeaux, Estrada, Rungvisai, Gonzalez, and Cuadras.

He did this over a span of 5 years. I think he definitely KO’s Gonzalez. Gonzalez just takes way too many punches and relies on his chin way too much. He likes to take his opponent’s 4-5 punches in order to get his 1-2 hard punches in and I think because of this Inoue is all wrong for him. I don’t think Inoue is a guy you want to just allow to hit you.
          Bro, that's a sketchy thing to say, take 4-5 punches in order to land 1? Besides that second SSR KO has Roman ever even been outlanded in his entire career? Which means he takes ONE to give ONE. But you point I get, I don't think Inoue is a guy you want to allow to hit you and it'd be all wrong for Roman.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post
            Bro, that's a sketchy thing to say, take 4-5 punches in order to land 1? Besides that second SSR KO has Roman ever even been outlanded in his entire career? Which means he takes ONE to give ONE. But you point I get, I don't think Inoue is a guy you want to allow to hit you and it'd be all wrong for Roman.
            In the fights i’ve seen Gonzalez was taking a lot more than one to give one. He got away with it vs many of his opponents, Yafai, Cuadras, Israel, the most telling one I saw other than Rungvisai was against Yaegashi. That was the fight that in my head I was like, man this guy is undefeated and has and has a great chin but he will get KO’ed eventually fighting like this. He still has a great chin even now, it takes a good puncher to crack it even today. But Inoue I think has the power to crack it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              In the fights i’ve seen Gonzalez was taking a lot more than one to give one. He got away with it vs many of his opponents, Yafai, Cuadras, Israel, the most telling one I saw other than Rungvisai was against Yaegashi. That was the fight that in my head I was like, man this guy is undefeated and has and has a great chin but he will get KO’ed eventually fighting like this. He still has a great chin even now, it takes a good puncher to crack it even today. But Inoue I think has the power to crack it.
              Hey I don't think you're wrong but you make it sound like he's some punching bag like Brandon Rios lol. He's defensively responsible but yes does get hit a good amount and take too many punches.

Comment

On the. Yegashi fight I thought he showed great skill and was very defensively responsible. This is one of the best breakdowns of that fight I saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVsIwmR8K5U

Comment

Hell Yes Real Deal! Now with that being said he still has to fight Casemiro and Oubaali to complete unification and those won't easy fights at all but as far as talent and skills hell yes he has that "IT" Factor for sure

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    People don't follow the lower weights and assume foreign fighters are garbage. Few weeks ago I had a poster calling Kosei Tanaka a bum who hasn't fought anyone. If they're not a name they recognize, it doesn't matter if they're great or not.
                    But I would hope by now that they would know Inoue....ah well. I just want him in 3 fights this year!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      most ppl also judge fighters from boxingrec, which vastly underscores lowerwgt fighters (by at least a star).

in fact it has p4p, inoue #24 behind andy ruiz. and also had rated the ring mag champion, tanaka as a 4 star fighter...

ridiculous.

tanaka was on the fringes of being p4p top 10, according to ring. and since ioka beat him, now its elevated ioka to p4p #10 by ring mag.

Comment

Working...
                      X