Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Survives Near Disaster, Decisions Joseph Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Survives Near Disaster, Decisions Joseph Parker

8 x 3 mins Super-Welterweight contest @ 11st 2lbs
    ANTHONY FOWLER (11st 1lb 1oz) v CRAIG O’BRIEN (10st 13lbs 8oz)
    (Liverpool) (Dublin)

10 x 3 mins Eliminator for British Heavyweight Championship
    NICK WEBB 18st 8lbs 7oz) v DAVID ALLEN (18st 6lbs 4oz)
    (Chertsey) (Conisborough)

10 x 3 mins WBA International Light-Heavyweight Championship @ 12st 7lbs
    JOSHUA BUATSI (12st 6lbs 1oz) v ANDREJS POKUMEIKO (12st 5lbs 9oz)
    (Croydon) (Latvia)

10 x 3 mins WBA Continental Welterweight Championship @ 10st 7lbs
    CONOR BENN (10st 6lbs 2oz) v CEDRICK PEYNAUD (10st 6lbs 3oz)
    (Ilford) (France)

10 x 2 mins IBF & WBA Lightweight World Championship @ 9st 9lbs
    KATIE TAYLOR (9st 8lbs 3oz) v KIMBERLY CONNOR (9st 6lbs)
    (Bray, Ireland) (Arkansas, USA)

12 x 3 mins WBA International Heavyweight Championship
    DERECK CHISORA (17st 11lbs 7oz) v CARLOS TAKAM (17st 8lbs 3oz)
    (Finchley) (France)

12 x 3 mins WBC Silver Heavyweight and WBO International Heavyweight Championship
    DILLIAN WHYTE (18st 6lbs 9oz) v JOSEPH PARKER (17st 4lbs 8oz)
    (Brixton) (New Zealand)

God, that card is *****e. I’d think twice about watching it on regular Sky, let alone on PPV. Benn-Peynaud II will be great if it’s half as good as the first fight, but other than that there’s not a single fight I’m interested in.

Comment

Froch
      It's a great fight and really close. Parker has world-level experience over 12 rounds and I think that may be the difference. Unlike when he fought Joshua, Parker will be more comfortable with someone standing in front of him.

We can't judge Parker from the Joshua defeat, we don't want to be too critical on him. Whyte can win and I do hope he does it, but from what I've seen I honestly make the New Zealander a slight favourite.

Bellew
      I was solid on Whyte all the way through and I have changed my mind at the last minute in the past, but I am sticking with Whyte, but I think he might have to get off the floor. He is not getting through this without getting nailed hard and everybody is overlooking Parker's punching power.

But Dillian has a lot going for him, he is vastly improved and seems to be thinking about the attacks these days. No, he's not in with a big, dozy, brute like Lucas Browne this time and take 'AJ' out of the equation and Parker has wins against the better fighters, but I am sticking to Whyte on points.

Haye
      I see Joseph Parker potentially having problems with Dillian Whyte's jab for the first five or six rounds, but if Parker can stay disciplined, and can keep educated pressure on Whyte, I believe Parker's engine is superior. I have never seen Whyte fight at any type of pace. He chooses to slow the pace down, he chooses to stay behind the jab, and get a breather.

With Parker, I've seen in the past, he has fought at a lot higher pace. He's a younger guy, he's the more naturally gifted athlete. AJ wasn't able to take him out. He's got the youth. As far as I'm aware, he hasn't been knocked in sparring, or in a fight, or knocked down. If it gets rough, if it gets tough, my money goes on the guy who's got the bigger punch, and the better chin. I would put my money on Parker via points decision or a late stoppage.

Nelson
      I see a late stoppage for Whyte where he will come from behind and eventually catch up and stop Parker.

Parker is in with a fully-fledged contender who is young, hungry and can bang and although Parker has fast hands and will come in light, in great condition, and negate Whyte early on, Dillian will start to get to him and I do think he'll stop him late.

Macklin
      'll go with a Parker points win, Whyte is capable and I like how he fights, but I'm not sure if he has the speed of foot to cut the ring off and close Parker down. The smart money is on Parker to use his speed and experience, to box cagily, smother Whyte and then move again.

It may be a difficult night's work for Whyte. The Brit can win it but he has to get his opponent engaging. As soon as it gets into a long range fight then I can't see Whyte getting the win.

Coldwell
      I think Parker will come out and box and then it's up to Dillian to close him down, pin him against the ropes and get off his meatier shots. When Parker fought AJ, I was disappointed that he didn't go for it when he was clearly behind. If he's not going to go all guns blazing in a fight of that magnitude, will he do it against Dillian?

I expect Whyte to have improved on the Robert Helenius performance, if it goes to points it will be very close. If I had to stick my neck on the line, I'll say Dillian raises his game and pulls it off, he grinds Parker down and gets a late stoppage.

Comment

Damn, BPP putting up these official as hell RBR Threads. Guess I'm out of the job...

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
          God, that card is *****e. I’d think twice about watching it on regular Sky, let alone on PPV. Benn-Peynaud II will be great if it’s half as good as the first fight, but other than that there’s not a single fight I’m interested in.
          Webb v Allen might be a tear up, even if it's not a high level. That fight has a win bonus, so they might go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            Webb v Allen might be a tear up, even if it's not a high level. That fight has a win bonus, so they might go for it.
            Webb is going to pummel Allen who has no real skill , at least Webb has size and a punch .

Itll be fun to watch but its a certain one sided fight in what the Joyce fight would have been for Webb . lol

Comment

Frank Buglioni about to fight on Matchroom's Facebook page

Comment

Lucas Browne is watching the stream and just commented on FB that he'd like to fight the White Rhino

Comment

Buglioni wins by stoppage after 6 rounds with the journeyman quitting with a hand injury. I would LOVE to see Buglioni/Burton 2 in a final eliminator for the British title, or maybe even for the vacant title if Johnson vacates it

Comment

PPV portion of the card kicking off in 10 minutes with big time prospect Anthony Fowler taking on 8-0 Craig O'Brien

Comment

Working...
                    X