Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: If They Don't Want To Discuss Crawford-Spence - Just F*** Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately it's just too tricky to make this fight. Crawford is one of the two main fighters for TR/ESPN and Spence has a similar status with PBC/SHO/FOX. Some kind of joint PPV venture looks the only possible option but is the demand there to make this a big enough money fight like that?

In an ideal world TR/PBC do a two-fight deal for this fight and Loma-Garcia but I don't think Haymon would let that happen and I don't think Arum would let it happen. Arum has made fights with rival promoters in fights people said he wouldn't make/was scared of but he had control and Haymon has sent some of his B list clients over but for paydays he wasn't going to give them. Neither is sending an A lister to fight on the other's platform.

Hopefully this isn't one of those fights that falls under the "What if" category. It would be a tremendous shame given the limited options available as far as mega fights go.

Comment

Chill the EFFFFF out BOB!
      now roll it...
      so I can spark it!

Comment

When you look at De La Hoya, Mayweather, Pac, Cotto, they were fighting top competition when they were under Top Ranks banner, and they were rewarded with being the top money getters in boxing. Arum had these guys fighting the highest level of competition in their respective divisions. To be clear, the opponents that these men were fighting, were top Ring ranked fighters, not just alphabet sanction rankings. That means their opponents were the very best fighters in the division regardless of titles. What you have now, and for many years, is Arum pitting his top fighters against mostly in house fighters and/or fringe champions and contenders. It's the same exact route he took with Bradley, and he is now doing it with Loma, and Bud. I expect we will get one of them against Pac eventually. Even though Loma and Bud are so far apart in weight, that fight is far more likely to happen rather then Crawford vs Spence.

The thing is, when building up a fighter, you can expect this sort of treatment, but at Crawfords level and with their claims that Loma is the best boxer on earth, the competition should have stepped up a long time ago. They both have been fighting the same level of fighter, B level at best, it's a far cry from the DLH to Cotto days. Rough for me to watch, because as a fan of boxing I absolutely love both these guys, but a huge part me knew Crawfords career will resemble Bradley's if he re-signed with Arum, and he did, and it does. Hopefully the trend turns and we get some really good, top level fights from Top Rank.

Comment

Let the facts determine which promoter is the one ducking the big fights. Arum made big fights with don king like Tito vs Oscar and SRL vs Duran, Hagler vs Duran and so on . Haymon never has made a big fight with his A list talent vs an A list talent outside Pbc. Haymon failed to make a monopoly, now he is just blocking the best fighting the best at every level in the USA.

Haymon is a cancer , but as long as the pro black consciousness movement continues to latch onto Pbc and validate its empty showcase fights, we continue to be subjected to drama with call outs without any fights to back it up. Haymons blueprint to keep Mayweather unbeaten all those years has carried over to today's era of Pbc which is why we must hear frauds and osier champs like:

Wilder
          Charlo
          Spence
          Davis

Routinely call out fights without ever having to worry about having them occur.

Comment

Spence need to clean up his side of street first. Unless Porter Finna try to wait for Thurman AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
              When you look at De La Hoya, Mayweather, Pac, Cotto, they were fighting top competition when they were under Top Ranks banner, and they were rewarded with being the top money getters in boxing. Arum had these guys fighting the highest level of competition in their respective divisions. To be clear, the opponents that these men were fighting, were top Ring ranked fighters, not just alphabet sanction rankings. That means their opponents were the very best fighters in the division regardless of titles. What you have now, and for many years, is Arum pitting his top fighters against mostly in house fighters and/or fringe champions and contenders. It's the same exact route he took with Bradley, and he is now doing it with Loma, and Bud. I expect we will get one of them against Pac eventually. Even though Loma and Bud are so far apart in weight, that fight is far more likely to happen rather then Crawford vs Spence.

The thing is, when building up a fighter, you can expect this sort of treatment, but at Crawfords level and with their claims that Loma is the best boxer on earth, the competition should have stepped up a long time ago. They both have been fighting the same level of fighter, B level at best, it's a far cry from the DLH to Cotto days. Rough for me to watch, because as a fan of boxing I absolutely love both these guys, but a huge part me knew Crawfords career will resemble Bradley's if he re-signed with Arum, and he did, and it does. Hopefully the trend turns and we get some really good, top level fights from Top Rank.
              You clearly have an agenda here. You lie about Lomachenko because he fought outside of his program vs

Russel Jr pbc
              Rigo Jay Z
              Linares golden Boy

Crawford has never been trusted to fight outside top rank stable, and Crawford is the one without an A list fighter on his resume, while Lomachenko has three A list fighters on his resume.

You lie, I don't know if it's a pro black bias or just ignorance.

Comment

Arum unlike Crawford,trusts Loma to fight A list fighters outside Top Rank:

Russell Jr Pbc fighter
                Rigo Jay Z fighter
                Linares Golden Boy fighter

Crawford has been protected in house, fighting weak C and B- level fighters Arum matched in house knowing Crawford wins easily.

Let's call it like it is shall we? Arum needs to protect his African American fighter at all costs. Arum isn't protecting Loma, that's been proven. So let's stop trying to group Loma on with Crawford because Loma has fought the A list fighters while Crawford is fighting C list guys .

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  One example of bob stopping the biggest fight in history....This was in 2009 when T.B.E. offered #48 the fight. The 1st 47 seconds says it ALL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQsHMN1B_bg
                  Well I’m going off more recent history and the landscape had changed entirely since then. Can you give me an example that proves what I said to be false? Bob made Loma-Linares with Oscar and that wasn’t a purse bid. Linares got paid well. Fact is Al doesn’t like to share any of his war chest with anyone outside. Bob, Eddie, Oscar and Tom are demonstrating otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                    Spence need to clean up his side of street first. Unless Porter Finna try to wait for Thurman AGAIN
                    Spence has been living off the Mayweather sparring session his entire career. Who outside a severely damaged Brook has he fought that was anywhere near A list? Answer is nobody. All smaller guys from 140 made to make Spence look like a power puncher, which he truly is not. Spence has been protected and pushed onto a very desperate demographic in need to fill the Mayweather void.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
                      Well I’m going off more recent history and the landscape had changed entirely since then. Can you give me an example that proves what I said to be false? Bob made Loma-Linares with Oscar and that wasn’t a purse bid. Linares got paid well. Fact is Al doesn’t like to share any of his war chest with anyone outside. Bob, Eddie, Oscar and Tom are demonstrating otherwise.
                      100% factual information. You will get the spin response now from the Pbc fanbase. They are deluded and desperate, it's like they expect Haymon to pay then their welfare money instead of us the working taxpayers.

Comment

Working...
                      X