Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's discuss the Jacobs/Golovkin fight again.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    There was no clear winner in the Golovkin/Jacobs fight, they each won 3 clear rounds the rest were up for grabs
    Kind of thinking this. Jacobs clearly won rounds 6, 10 and 11. Golovkin won rounds 4, 5 and 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Kind of thinking this. Jacobs clearly won rounds 6, 10 and 11. Golovkin won rounds 4, 5 and 9.
      exactly, we can't really decide a clear winner until they rematch, but the challenger did not take the title from the champion, Jacobs should have been gunning for a KO victory, not fighting on the run, but watching the fight live I had Jacobs winning 115-112, but re scoring the fight I had it 114-113 for Golovkin, but it doesn't matter how re-score it and all it matters is the live scoring

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
        yeah it was but their was a clear winner.
        I agree, it was close but clear who won.

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        by all rights, this should have never went to the judges but BOTH guys fought very cautiously. if not for the off balance kd, it might have been a draw/canelo vs jacobs.

that kd and 3g's jabs = md win

wasnt boring, wasnt epic.
        I think that there are a lot of reasons for a rematch, of course the relative closeness of the fight, the fact that these two guys are still #1 & 2 at middleweight and of course the fact that both were cautious of the others' power and skill set. I think a rematch would more clearly settle the result, though I can't say who would win it.

Originally posted by TheCleaner View Post
        How would you lose a fight when you're on the front foot applying pressure, score a knockdown, never once buzzed, out punch your opponent and finish the fight... That's the criteria for golovkin losing this fight on points for all those that say Jacobs won? Where did Jacobs overcome golovkin firstly beating him 7 rounds to 5 just so it isn't a draw, but nicking another one to overcome the knock down, where are those 8 rounds Jacobs won?

I personally just do not see 8 rounds for Jacobs for him to win this fight while sustaining a kd.. That's just my opinion though, everyone watches a fight different I guess
        I'm pretty sure Golovkin got buzzed at the end of round 11, although he took the punch really well given Jacobs' power. Also, Jacobs could have won it at 7-5 but I didn't see that.

that off balance kd should have inspired one of them to go for the the ko. 3g knew it wasnt that big of a punch and i guess dj didnt want to take the necessary chances to get it back.

3g def won but it wasnt a landslide. prior to the fight, 3g fans were taking dannys measurements for his coffin. i dont see those guys posting too much.
        I was one of those that thought Danny wouldn't last 12, that Pirog knockdown/TKO was very deceptive, it looked like he was out cold but he was actually alert after 2-3 seconds. His chin hadn't been tested much since then so it definitely threw me off.

Regardless of the result, can we all agree that if Danny did win, it wasn't by more than a point and his constant references to being robbed are disrespectful to his opponent and make him look like a hypocrite as he said that he would be gracious in defeat right after the match. I respect his performance but he is undoing it with his attitude.

I can sort of understand how he feels but he should really be getting up and trying to force a rematch, fight the #3 guy in the division, if he is really the best in the division he should prove it and then fans would be behind him 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
          I think that there are a lot of reasons for a rematch, of course the relative closeness of the fight, the fact that these two guys are still #1 & 2 at middleweight and of course the fact that both were cautious of the others' power and skill set. I think a rematch would more clearly settle the result, though I can't say who would win it.
          according to 3g fans, he will be much too old for a rematch with danny. between brook and danny, he aged 20 years.

Comment

115-112 Gennady Golovkin. Not a hard fight to score.

Comment

according to 3g fans, he will be much too old for a rematch with danny. between brook and danny, he aged 20 years.
              The age advantage would go to Jacobs but if you are world champion then you should be able to defend it against the best. Given the situation with titles and mandatories, Jacobs knows that GGG would have to drop a belt to fight him now unless the organisations agree to an exception, which I don't see happening. If Jacobs were to pick up the WBO title or beat one of new mandatories, he could get a shot by early next year. I'd really like to see Jacobs vs Charlo but I don't see either guy calling each other out for a long while.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
                The age advantage would go to Jacobs but if you are world champion then you should be able to defend it against the best. Given the situation with titles and mandatories, Jacobs knows that GGG would have to drop a belt to fight him now unless the organisations agree to an exception, which I don't see happening. If Jacobs were to pick up the WBO title or beat one of new mandatories, he could get a shot by early next year. I'd really like to see Jacobs vs Charlo but I don't see either guy calling each other out for a long while.
                danny vs bjs ?

if the geezer survives canelo ?

rematch at the AARP center. danny has to wear actual pillows instead of gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong-Un View Post
                  I thought Rangers won with their 1 goal oppose to Celtics 5 goals, then you woke up and realised you don't know what you're talking about.
                  Lmfao that P4P list is almost as bad as check_hooks....

Comment

Very close fight, but I can't really justify giving Jacobs 7 rounds. GGG was largely in control with his jab, was the aggressor and generally landed more clean and effective punches most of the fight. Razor thin margin though.

Comment

danny vs bjs ?

if the geezer survives canelo ?

rematch at the AARP center. danny has to wear actual pillows instead of gloves.
                      Lol, obviously if Golovkin loses, the Jacobs match would probably come straight after unless they want to do Canelo-GGG again. Jacobs would probably only want Canelo by that stage thoough.

Comment

Working...
                      X