No announcement yet.

A quarter of millenials living at home neither works nor studies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] A quarter of millenials living at home neither works nor studies

But, these days millennials seem to be embracing the free room and board provided by their parents. According to a new study from the Census Bureau, roughly one-third of all millennials live at home with their parents and one-fourth of them can't be bothered with enrolling in school or finding a job.

According to the following chart from Bloomberg, there are 2.2 million millennials who live at home with mom but neither attend classes nor have a job. Of those, 40% of them are already in their 30's, they're predominantly white and have a high school diploma of less

And since they're not employed, it's only logical that 90% of the millennials living at home last year are still there this year.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-their-parents

Hooray for the millenials!

Sounds like your average Trump voter.

But seriously, it's the Boomer's fault. They had it good, and got greedy and decided to screw the millennials over with offshoring and jacked up house prices because they wanted MORE MORE MORE.

Comment

Are the parents to blame for this for bad parenting?
      Last edited by Pechorin; 04-21-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

It also says 27% have a disability of some sort that requires more daily assistance with living. And I'd bet a good % of the other 73% have some sort of social anxiety issue like my boy Shaolin, an undiagnosed disability or thing that hinders them beyond those listed with maybe half or less of that 73% just being f#ckups.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
          Sounds like your average Trump voter.
          Try again. The millennials broke for Hillary.

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
          But seriously, it's the Boomer's fault.
          It's the fault of those who gave us taxpayer-funded 'stimulus' instead of proven job creating policies like tax and regulation cuts.

If there aren't good jobs available, you cant expect folks to work.

I predict this number will be changing over the Trump years as we see massive job creation.

Comment

You realise 1/4 of 30% is 7.5% which is probably online with the unemployment rate in that age group.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
              Are the parents to blame for this for bad parenting?
              Yes, the coddling, over protective, "don't play outside", "my baby needs a participation trophy", "don't you be lecturing or disciplining my baby", "my baby is special", "my baby is 158 months old" parent.

Parents like that are the reason kids and young adults today are lazy, back talking, disrespectful, lazy assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Yep. I was about to say the same thing. Hillary voters are the crybaby millennials.

Actually a lot of millennials that wanted Hillary to win didn't even vote.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Exactly, most anti-Trump protesters are unemployed or college students, or both.

Comment

Maybe some people don't care about working because working doesn't pay well unless it's a STEM job. I've been told by several professors how 'back in my day' I used to work a summer to pay for college. There's absolutely no way you can work a summer to pay for college now. The rate in which tuition and living expenses have gone up does not match wages, let's face it, and I read on US News that tuition has gone up 100s of
                    %'s throughout the decades, something like 700. And some people don't qualify for financial aid if their parents make "too much" money. If wages start at $21 something an hour nationwide then I think people would actually be more willing to work and be able to do things like move out on their own.

And for those who will say that increasing the wage would lead to less jobs, Seattle, WA increased their min wage to $15 and they are enjoying a 3.2% unemployment rate. The rest of WA has 4.7%, and the US has 4.5%.

Note: I do not care that much, i'm done with school and have a good paying job. I'm just saying what could be the reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X