Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella Doubts Arum Wants to Put Crawford in With Spence Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
    IDIOT!!!!!!! You know where to find me
    Slobbing on Wildher's knob?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Spence-Pacquiao would sell way better than Crawford-Pacquiao.
      Pac still draws a huge crowd, he remains the biggest pay day in the WW division. Crawford isn't even a distant second and Spence isn't really a draw at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        ESPN has never put on a PPV, but there looks to be a clear limit to what ESPN can pay out on a fight, and I'd feel pretty confident pegging that number at maybe $2m per broadcast.

All the really big meaningful fights require significantly more than that, and that's where Arum hits his dilemma.

Arum will likely try to talk ESPN into something, but I figure that they laugh in his face and put the onus on Arum to cover the event (It'll likely be presented as 'Top Rank Boxing on ESPN', but, in practice, it'll be a Top Rank PPV, with Arum fronting the broadcast costs for the ESPN talent).
        I see where you're going with that. For that reason, it wont happen anytime soon lol crawford sold 55k PPVs against Postol. Top Rank lost hundreds of thousands on it.

Bob was so pissed when HBO stopped paying for his mismatches. Lol Can't see him taking risks like that now when it's not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Ehhh, kinda favoring Bud in this one. Arum already said this is a PPV fight and he has to build an outdoor stadium in Omaha before this fight can happen.
          I'd favor Crawford too.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            I see where you're going with that. For that reason, it wont happen anytime soon lol crawford sold 55k PPVs against Postol. Top Rank lost hundreds of thousands on it.

Bob was so pissed when HBO stopped paying for his mismatches. Lol Can't see him taking risks like that now when it's not necessary.
            The inside story is that both fighters wanted to get paid for the risk but neither were house hold names at the time. Boxing purists knew that Danny Garcia once paid Postal to avoid him and that Crawford was a live dog. Arum knew he was going to lose money on the fight but also knew the fight would put Crawford on another level. That said, the gate was much bigger than expected and Arum's losses were less than expected. Terrance Crawford got the exposure he needed and a shot at making millions in the future. It was a smart long term play by Arum but I wouldn't expect a casual fan to know or understand the inner workings.
            Last edited by factsarenice; 01-22-2018, 12:21 AM.

Comment

And for the record, DiBella knows well that Arum would put Crawford in with Spence next Tuesday IF THE MONEY WAS THERE but it's not, not yet anyway. Dibella should shut up and promote his fighters so that maybe, just maybe, someday the fight can happen.

Comment

I slightly favor Crawford in this one.. Spence got hit by Peterson many times and we all know Bud can bang

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                  The inside story is that both fighters wanted to get paid for the risk but neither were house hold names at the time. Boxing purists knew that Danny Garcia once paid Postal to avoid him and that Crawford was a live dog. Arum knew he was going to lose money on the fight but also knew the fight would put Crawford on another level. That said, the gate was much bigger than expected and Arum's losses were less than expected. Terrance Crawford got the exposure he needed and a shot at making millions in the future. It was a smart long term play by Arum but I wouldn't expect a casual fan to know or understand the inner workings.
                  Please stop posting this dumb ****. Attendance for the Crawford v Postol fight was 7k people at MGM Grand. Thats about as bad as Ward Kovakev 2. Crawford made 1.3 million and Postol made 650k. That's not big money. Spence (1.2MM) and Peterson (600k) just made nearly identical figures, while putting 12k people in the seats at Barclays. Stop making yourself look stupid. Crawford has never sold out any venue. Not even in Omaha. His highest attendance there is 12k

"Insider story" "boxing purists" lmao

You're a clown. Stay off these boards with your nonsense. It will be checked.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                    And for the record, DiBella knows well that Arum would put Crawford in with Spence next Tuesday IF THE MONEY WAS THERE but it's not, not yet anyway. Dibella should shut up and promote his fighters so that maybe, just maybe, someday the fight can happen.
                    That’s a very naive perspective.

He’d put him in with Spence? On what network? Where?

Comment

It's not a fighr that I want to see now. Crawford is simply too small at the moment. See how he does against Horn and let him grow a little.

Pointless ruining a potentially great career for the sake of haste.

Comment

Working...
                      X