Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one has fought more high level fights in their careers than Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not one elite in their prime on that list. The king of smoke and mirrors. Savvy marketing and hype of opponents. Definition of flash over substance.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
      just based on resume alone I have him ranked #1 all-time. he isn't the most skilled boxer all-time just the smartest.
      That's what meant one of smartest not most skilled.
      His resume isn't the best even without needing to take into consideration when he fought them factors or size of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
        Would you rather lose to a nobody like Terry Norris at age 36, or be beating up on Canelo the future of boxing Alverez at 36?

Every good fighter has a prime...hell Naseem Hamed Had a prime. But Floyd's past prime resume; which is everything after 2007, is leagues better than every fighter who ever lived. Thats what makes him TBE
        Exactly. People don't consider the fact that Floyd was past his prime when he fought other boxers past their prime. And you're being generous. I have post 2005 as Floyd's past prime years. If you look at how he moved early in his career it's totally different then even when he fought De La Hoya.

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Not one elite in their prime on that list. The king of smoke and mirrors. Savvy marketing and hype of opponents. Definition of flash over substance.
        Tell me another boxer that fought more "elite fighters in their prime". And I want you to list those opponents.

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        That's what meant one of smartest not most skilled.
        His resume isn't the best even without needing to take into consideration when he fought them factors or size of fighters.
        Ok, then tell me who has a better resume. And I want you to list those opponents of that fighter but only the wins.

Comment

Exactly. People don't consider the fact that Floyd was past his prime when he fought other boxers past their prime. And you're being generous. I have post 2005 as Floyd's past prime years. If you look at how he moved early in his career it's totally different then even when he fought De La Hoya.

Tell me another boxer that fought more "elite fighters in their prime". And I want you to list those opponents.

Ok, then tell me who has a better resume. And I want you to list those opponents of that fighter but only the wins.
          Get a grip of reality. Its like cos Floyd just retired his fanboys are trying the hard sell now.
          PACs got a better resume by some way. Floyd beating past prime PAC means little even if Floyd was past primevcas well. Exciting fighters who happen to be smaller age faster. Similar to BH second win against rjj, it means little that win. Rjjj beat BH when rjj was in prime but when reflexes went it effected rjjj more than BH. But at least BH fought rjj in rjj prime. Floyd didn't fight PAC when PAC was firing on wall cylinders.
          So Floyd's win over PAC is very dsimlar to BH second win over rjj

Comment

Get a grip of reality. Its like cos Floyd just retired his fanboys are trying the hard sell now.
            PACs got a better resume by some way. Floyd beating past prime PAC means little even if Floyd was past primevcas well. Exciting fighters who happen to be smaller age faster. Similar to BH second win against rjj, it means little that win. Rjjj beat BH when rjj was in prime but when reflexes went it effected rjjj more than BH. But at least BH fought rjj in rjj prime. Floyd didn't fight PAC when PAC was firing on wall cylinders.
            So Floyd's win over PAC is very dsimlar to BH second win over rjj
            LOL 2 weeks ago I was being called a Floyd hater and now I'm being called his fanboy lol.

BTW I don't like Floyd. I'm just stating facts. And you can't deny the facts unless you hate floyd or you don't know anything about boxing.

Floyd's resume is legit and the best of all-time. When Floyd was in his prime he beat all the prime boxers. The only time Floyd beat past-prime boxers is when he himself was past-prime. And even when Floyd was past-prime he was beating other young boxers in their primes.

You can't deny Floyd is the best all-time.

Comment

LOL 2 weeks ago I was being called a Floyd hater and now I'm being called his fanboy lol.

BTW I don't like Floyd. I'm just stating facts. And you can't deny the facts unless you hate floyd or you don't know anything about boxing.

Floyd's resume is legit and the best of all-time. When Floyd was in his prime he beat all the prime boxers. The only time Floyd beat past-prime boxers is when he himself was past-prime. And even when Floyd was past-prime he was beating other young boxers in their primes.

You can't deny Floyd is the best all-time.
              Its impossible to be best of all time when people think you tried getting things in yoiur favour, not willing to take risks if possible and not give any advantages.
              The people people consider the best are the boxers who gave advantages awasy and still won. Did it often even recklessly with selfless attitude.
              Floyd wasn't selfless. Selfish, not selfless. It was all about unbeaten record.people treat unbeaten records with suspicion not reverence
              Last edited by hugh grant; 09-10-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

No one has fought more washed up past their prime hall of famers than floyd. I'll give him that.

Comment

Let's compare some details about Gheyweather...

only boxer who will only fight in vegas(easily the most corrupted city for boxing)

Only fighter who was able to choose his opponents and when to fight them.

Only fighter who chose all ring sizes, glove weights, etc

Only fighter who has "influence" with judges, referees, and blood testing agencies

Known xylocaine user

There is always more to a story than what you see. That is why his fanbase is mostly composed of urban casuals in the lower income and education brackets. Most of them don't read between the lines and seek the details, they only see a black man win and they live vicariously thru him. Why do you think floid is always babbling about nobody in the boxing world giving him the respect he deserves? It's because those who are educated know he is a façade and is just a "hero figure to the blacks". Hell, Neil Tyson Degrasse is black and you never hear of the black community being proud and honoring him but you see all of these idiots guzzling floyd juice down their throats like it's koolaid. Should i keep going?
                  Last edited by spytactics; 09-10-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Its impossible to be best of all time when people think you tried getting things in yoiur favour, not willing to take risks if possible and not give any advantages.
                    The people people consider the best are the boxers who gave advantages awasy and still won. Did it often even recklessly with selfless attitude.
                    Floyd wasn't selfless. Selfish, not selfless. It was all about unbeaten record.people treat unbeaten records with suspicion not reverence
                    People treat OTHER unbeaten records with suspicion but not Floyd's. It's illogical to make that statement when he's fought prime Canelo and prime Cotto when he himself was past-prime.

For me Floyd is 49-0 with a legit 49 wins. The 2nd half of his career was impressive af considering he use to weigh-in at 129.5 half way into his career.

My all-time top 5 are

1. Floyd Mayweather
                    2. Sugar Ray Robinson
                    3. Archie Moore
                    4. Muhammad Ali
                    5. Julio Cesar Chavez

Comment

Notice you get a bunch of pacf@gs with sandy vaginas itt.....Pacquiao is nowhere near Floyd's level and they cant stand it.

Comment

Working...
                      X