• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
    I never questioned Fury & his recovery.
    I questioned the count issued.
    Now, you're putting words in my mouth.
    Move on little boy
    You questioned the count. Okay. So it's not about Reiss at all, you just don't know, like Chollo, how 10 counts work in boxing and you needed a ref to explain the basic rule to you.

Cool, just say that next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Here's the deal. You get 10 seconds to get up from a knockdown before you have to fight.

REISS GAVE FURY 20 DAMN SECONDS to recover lol
      It’s actually a 10 count not 10 seconds.... otherwise they would use a stop watch to prevent error.

And it is very normal for referees to ask fighters to demonstrate they are okay before letting them continue. Especially if they barely beat the count.

Fury didn’t get special treatment unless you’re a blinded Wilder fan.... not saying you are that but it’s how it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
        It’s actually a 10 count not 10 seconds.... otherwise they would use a stop watch to prevent error.

And it is very normal for referees to ask fighters to demonstrate they are okay before letting them continue. Especially if they barely beat the count.

Fury didn’t get special treatment unless you’re a blinded Wilder fan.... not saying you are that but it’s how it looks.
        Dude I've been watching boxing for almost 40 years. If you think 20 seconds after a knockdown is normal, I don't know what to tell you

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
          It was a brilliant decision. At high end world championship level, you have to give the guy every chance. It's different if you're in a corner taking blow after blow, Fury was down, and no longer being hit, it would only have saved him a few seconds waving the fight off. I loved the shock of Wilder's face when he got back up, and that Fury started kicking his ass later in the round proved the decision was right. Also, look at Wilder's reaction when the scorecards are read out as a Draw. You can't hide his relief, such a telling moment on Wilder's true thoughts.
          Well said.

In this case it was the right decision to see if he could continue even if he had a suspicion he was more hurt than he was. And Fury proved he was ok, both times. The first one was a flash knockdown, but the second one was just a great combo by Wilder, taking advantage of Fury's mistake in being too predictable with the same roll.

Wilder was mentally devastated once Fury got up his body language was of a guy that had no answers.

Comment

He was “out cold” doe.

Comment

Dude I've been watching boxing for almost 40 years. If you think 20 seconds after a knockdown is normal, I don't know what to tell you
              Are you saying 20 secs total or 20 secs after they’ve beaten the count??

There are many situations where the ref has communicated with the fighter before resuming the fight or stopping it. A ref asking a fighter if they want to continue is an extra 4/5 seconds lol.

Fury is not the first fighter to benefit off of that situation. I’m not saying it’s always done but it happens often enough. I’ve been watching the sport for half as long as you so you should be able to see that if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                Are you saying 20 secs total or 20 secs after they’ve beaten the count??

There are many situations where the ref has communicated with the fighter before resuming the fight or stopping it. A ref asking a fighter if they want to continue is an extra 4/5 seconds lol.

Fury is not the first fighter to benefit off of that situation. I’m not saying it’s always done but it happens often enough. I’ve been watching the sport for half as long as you so you should be able to see that if I can.
                I'm going to make this as sweet and simple for you as possible.

If you think a fighter getting 20 seconds after a knockdown to recover is normal in boxing, you need to find a new sport.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  You questioned the count. Okay. So it's not about Reiss at all, you just don't know, like Chollo, how 10 counts work in boxing and you needed a ref to explain the basic rule to you.

Cool, just say that next time.
                  😀
                  🙌
                  Wilder KO 5

Comment

Ask him about his worst ever decision instead of this self wanking.

Comment

I'm going to make this as sweet and simple for you as possible.

If you think a fighter getting 20 seconds after a knockdown to recover is normal in boxing, you need to find a new sport.
                      It was on the long side, in terms of the check but I've seen others like that and many do fall in the 15-20 second range. All you and many fans care about is the count, especially if you're a fan of the opposite fighter, the referee has to consider the health of the fighter and if he needs a couple of extra seconds to establish that, I think he and the fighter in question should be given the chance, especially in this scenario, 12th round, championship fight, heavy knockdown and he beat the count at 9, not to mention he was ahead and hadn't taken much punishment.

Did he beat the count? Yes. Was the check long? Yes. Was it out of the bounds of normal? No

It was great refereeing

Comment

Working...
                      X