Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are sports cars legal or needed by ordinary citizens?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5000 horse power is sexy ????

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
      Why do the cops hide to catch speeders rather than be out in the open to deter speeding?
      they do call them speed traps

but they need the money. just imagine if every driver obeyed the speed limits. BILLIONS OF $$$$$$, GONE.

the speed game is a profitable one.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        But it can be argued that some people will do drag racing and on-track racing. So the car is able to go above the speed limit for off-road racing.
        LOL how many people are drag racing? 0.00001% of people? Come on.

And I'm not a car guy at all, but it seems like you could just throw in something under the hood there that you could do differently for different regions with different laws that people who do wanna race could just take off.

Sure some people would take off for the f#ck of it, but that'd be deemed illegal & they get a ticket & gotta fix it if they get caught. Would make sh^t safer & probably cut down on the amount of cops needed by every region to not have as many cops dealing with bs a$$ traffic "crimes".

But again yea I don't think thats the plan they decided on basically lol. Money>Safety. Money>Citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
          Conspiracy says it keeps the population numbers down and a lot of money coming for the govement
          This is basically it. I don't even think you gotta go down the conspiracy rabbit hole THAT deep with population control. I bet making cars go x mph max would be a nice % cut into the money police stations bring in. And would result in a lot of lost jobs country-wide (idk how big of a nut this is for other governments in other countries, but its a nice one in the US).

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            LOL how many people are drag racing? 0.00001% of people? Come on.

And I'm not a car guy at all, but it seems like you could just throw in something under the hood there that you could do differently for different regions with different laws that people who do wanna race could just take off.

Sure some people would take off for the f#ck of it, but that'd be deemed illegal & they get a ticket & gotta fix it if they get caught. Would make sh^t safer & probably cut down on the amount of cops needed by every region to not have as many cops dealing with bs a$$ traffic "crimes".

But again yea I don't think thats the plan they decided on basically lol. Money>Safety. Money>Citizens.
            It depends where in the world you are

Most big cities have an underground car culture
            Mainly spoilt kids with too much money

Where I grew up there was a meet for cars every Saturday
            (Anybody reading this from the midlands will know about The Track)

And up by the motorway was a meet up for bikes every Monday
            (Anybody reading this from the Midlands will know about bassetts pole)
            Lot of accidents and deaths
            Over turned cars

Silly stuff really

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              This is basically it. I don't even think you gotta go down the conspiracy rabbit hole THAT deep with population control. I bet making cars go x mph max would be a nice % cut into the money police stations bring in. And would result in a lot of lost jobs country-wide (idk how big of a nut this is for other governments in other countries, but its a nice one in the US).
              Yeah it works that way here

Xmas is the only time you see the police force literally stop traffic for hours drink testing people

They never seem to be interested in catching drink drivers coming out the pub after work every night

Same as if you hit somebody in a car drunk

They won't ban you for life

Just fine the shlt outta you

The old saying money is the route of all evil holds a lot more truth than most realise

Comment

Speed limits were meant to be broken. The government could easily demand that no car be able to drive faster than 75 MPH if they truly wanted to enforce speed limits. But as other posters have said, there is way too much revenue at stake to bother to enforce that law.

Sort of like eliminating crime. No politician really wants to eliminate crime altogether. That would mean an entire industry goes bankrupt and the loss of millions of jobs when we no longer need as many police, corrections officers, prisons, lawyers, courts, and they cannot use crime stats to gauge their accomplishments.

Comment

This is to gauge the sheepishness of people. We are marching to demand our rights to self defense be taken away. The blame for the Florida school shooting lays squarely on the failure of law enforcement. Notice how nobody talks about that anymore. Or how the Texas church shooting was stopped not by law enforcement, but by an NRA member with an "assault rifle".

Yeah, go ahead and take away fast cars too.

Fu ck ing idiots.

Comment

Speed traps make big money for the government

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                      they do call them speed traps

but they need the money. just imagine if every driver obeyed the speed limits. BILLIONS OF $$$$$$, GONE.

the speed game is a profitable one.
                      Yeah, those mfers are trying to deter speeders, but rather make $$$$$....lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X