Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn "Stop Crying Deontay Wilder, Fight Whyte I'll Put AJ On The Contract"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
    https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=776938

But but this is not possible?????????

Sounding like a bunch of parrots just repeating whatever Hearns says from interview to interview. Bad thing about repeating Hearn's talking points is he changes what he says from interview to interview. He is always all over the place.
    Cherry picking, read the rest.

The only way they can do it is if they agree to the splits and everything. If they can do that then why have the Whyte fight at all.

Comment

#AndStillNo1BumFighter

I know he got scared and refused to call out Joshua when he came to Wembley for the klitschko fight but at least he came. Now he refuses to come last minute and looks like taking on brezeale or some unknown youngster prospect.

Get a grip wilder, if your not careful even if your own fan BT’s will start realising your strategy..

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Warren gets credit for taking an unknown Welsh fighter with a half decent amateur career and guiding him into being one of the greatest fighters this country has ever produced. Not for earning him marketing opportunities through Sky.

Boxing has NEVER been a
        niche sport in the UK, now I know for a fact you didn’t follow boxing during the period and certainly didn’t attend shows, do you not remember Hatton taking 30,000 fans over to Vegas. Yeah it was really a niche sport before Hearn😭😭😭 Pathetic.
        I was one of the 30,000 and the atmosphere and buzz that fight generated was far superior to anything Hearn has produced, hell, even Hatton-Tszyu in the MEN was a way better atmosphere than any of these corny Matchroom “events”.

Anyway, I’ve said what I need to say, people who know; know. People who understand boxing know exactly what Hearn is. People who don’t will continue to drink the kool aid and sing “sweet Caroline” with the rest of the Eddie Hearn cult. Go and speak to REAL boxing men like Hobson, Steve Wood, Barry McGuigan etc they’ll all tell you exactly what Hearn is...
        Niche might have been too extreme, but fewer people were tuning in to watch Saturday night fight nights live from Bristol Leisure centre than they do now where every Sky card is at an arena.

Warren, David Haye and their sketchy PPV’s resulted in Sky putting a two year hiatus on Box Office and reduced their spending on boxing. It is Hearn who has built it back up to where now boxing is probably as more popular than ever before.

Promoter’s in the 80s and 90s had the benefit that most people only had 4 or 5 channels to watch, so even if they were putting on shìt cards, they would still get viewership.

These days, most people have dozens of channels, plus a plethora of on demand content on YouTube and Netflix. If it was left to other promoters there’s no way boxing would be anywhere near as popular. Hennessy is out of the game and Frank has never got Boxnation to appeal to non hardcore fans.

Hobson promotes shows on Dave. Wood’s show are usually streamed to about 200 people. McGuigan does like 3 shows a year on C5. If they’re all better than Hearn why has he been able to come in and near run them all out of the business? Sky isn’t solely responsible, others have promoted on Sky before Hearn did, why did they never get an exclusive contract from Sky?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          very debatable. he gets a lot of credit for the klitschko win because klitschko is a big name and a legendary fighter, but klitschko was coming off an embarrassing loss and a year and a half of rust.

AJ has zero wins against guys who were ranked among the very best in the world when he faced them.

wilder now has two wins against guys who were ranked among the very best in the world when he faced them.

stiverne was #2 or #3 in the world according to most experts, king kong was #3 or #4 in the world according to most experts. klitschko was unranked due to inactivity.

so it's really not so cut and dry anymore who has the better resume. even if AJ beats parker, parker hasn't beaten anybody and is only #7 according to boxrec. wilder & AJ have very comparable resumes no matter how you slice it.
          Joshua fought Klitschko in his 19th fight.

In Wilder’s 19th fight he fought Daniel Cota 17-3-1.

Wlad still showed in that fight he had something. He would have beat a lot of other heavyweights that night even if he was passed his best. That version of Wlad is better than any version of Stiverne.

Ortiz was a very good win. But he was 39 and didn’t look good against Dave Allen or Malik Scott (see what I did there).

Joshua has Brezeale, Whyte, Takam, Molina, Martin and soon to be Parker on his record.

Wilder has had double the amount of fights and if you listed his best 7 wins the list would get embarrassing, fast.

Comment

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
            The guy just fought Ortiz you ****in bird. The same Ortiz AJ DUCKED. So shut the **** up I hate message boards if we see this idiot in real life he's a straight ***** but calls real fighters cowards etc
            Lol stut up. Wow he just took his first real test in his 40th fight woohoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post

Joshua fought Klitschko in his 19th fight.

In Wilder’s 19th fight he fought Daniel Cota 17-3-1

I know AJ fans love to harp on that, but that still doesn't change who has the bigger wins. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't claim AJ has more big wins and then when it's pointed out that he doesn't, hide behind his inexperience. Which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                Niche might have been too extreme, but fewer people were tuning in to watch Saturday night fight nights live from Bristol Leisure centre than they do now where every Sky card is at an arena.

Warren, David Haye and their sketchy PPV’s resulted in Sky putting a two year hiatus on Box Office and reduced their spending on boxing. It is Hearn who has built it back up to where now boxing is probably as more popular than ever before.

Promoter’s in the 80s and 90s had the benefit that most people only had 4 or 5 channels to watch, so even if they were putting on shìt cards, they would still get viewership.

These days, most people have dozens of channels, plus a plethora of on demand content on YouTube and Netflix. If it was left to other promoters there’s no way boxing would be anywhere near as popular. Hennessy is out of the game and Frank has never got Boxnation to appeal to non hardcore fans.

Hobson promotes shows on Dave. Wood’s show are usually streamed to about 200 people. McGuigan does like 3 shows a year on C5. If they’re all better than Hearn why has he been able to come in and near run them all out of the business? Sky isn’t solely responsible, others have promoted on Sky before Hearn did, why did they never get an exclusive contract from Sky?
                Boxing was NEVER a niche sport you were WRONG, it had ALWAYS been prominent in UK sport way before Eddie Hearn. What you are conjecturing is vacuous nonsense!

“Warren, Haye and Sky’s sketchy PPV’s s causes sky’s hiatus”😭😭😭 Hearn was the one of the driving forces behind Haye-Harrison, the biggest flop in sky history and a key component in them cutting their boxing budget, you really don’t know what you are talking about.🙈🙈
                And it wasn’t Hearn that made sky re-invest into boxing it was Warren being forced to create boxnation to support his stable. That gave sky a genuine competitor in the boxing market and forced them to re-invest in the product. Hearn was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to reap the benefits.

Hobson promotes on Freesports NOT Dave as I said you don’t know what you’re talking about🙈🙈
                I’m not comparing them to Hearn I’m saying they are REAL boxing people who understand the sport and see straight through this salesman BS act. Someone like Hobson knows boxing so is able to take a kid like Jamie McDonnell to world title shot on a small budget and with little exposure, a kid who after back to back losses people thought wouldn’t even win a British title! When has Hearn ever done anything like that? He hasn’t cause he doesn’t have the ability to.

If you think Hearn having an exclusive deal with Sky is so impressive, go and have a look at how Mickey Duff monopolised British boxing with the BBC.
                Honestly, you don’t understand what you’re talking about. So I’m done here, if you are still deluded enough to buy into this Hearn salesman BS you are beyond help!

All I will say now is: People who understand boxing know what Hearn is and see straight through his BS.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
                  https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=776938

But but this is not possible?????????

Sounding like a bunch of parrots just repeating whatever Hearns says from interview to interview. Bad thing about repeating Hearn's talking points is he changes what he says from interview to interview. He is always all over the place.
                  Lol.

My post was literally saying that if they could agree the details for a Joshua v Wilder fight then **** seeing Wilder v Whyte and give us Joshua v Wilder instead. But of course you read the first 6 words then went off on one.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    very debatable. he gets a lot of credit for the klitschko win because klitschko is a big name and a legendary fighter, but klitschko was coming off an embarrassing loss and a year and a half of rust.

AJ has zero wins against guys who were ranked among the very best in the world when he faced them.

wilder now has two wins against guys who were ranked among the very best in the world when he faced them.

stiverne was #2 or #3 in the world according to most experts, king kong was #3 or #4 in the world according to most experts. klitschko was unranked due to inactivity.

so it's really not so cut and dry anymore who has the better resume. even if AJ beats parker, parker hasn't beaten anybody and is only #7 according to boxrec. wilder & AJ have very comparable resumes no matter how you slice it.
                    Comparing alphabet rankings to a resume like Wlad's is insane!

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      Boxing was NEVER a niche sport you were WRONG, it had ALWAYS been prominent in UK sport way before Eddie Hearn. What you are conjecturing is vacuous nonsense!

“Warren, Haye and Sky’s sketchy PPV’s s causes sky’s hiatus”😭😭😭 Hearn was the one of the driving forces behind Haye-Harrison, the biggest flop in sky history and a key component in them cutting their boxing budget, you really don’t know what you are talking about.🙈🙈
                      And it wasn’t Hearn that made sky re-invest into boxing it was Warren being forced to create boxnation to support his stable. That gave sky a genuine competitor in the boxing market and forced them to re-invest in the product. Hearn was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to reap the benefits.

Hobson promotes on Freesports NOT Dave as I said you don’t know what you’re talking about🙈🙈
                      I’m not comparing them to Hearn I’m saying they are REAL boxing people who understand the sport and see straight through this salesman BS act. Someone like Hobson knows boxing so is able to take a kid like Jamie McDonnell to world title shot on a small budget and with little exposure, a kid who after back to back losses people thought wouldn’t even win a British title! When has Hearn ever done anything like that? He hasn’t cause he doesn’t have the ability to.

If you think Hearn having an exclusive deal with Sky is so impressive, go and have a look at how Mickey Duff monopolised British boxing with the BBC.
                      Honestly, you don’t understand what you’re talking about. So I’m done here, if you are still deluded enough to buy into this Hearn salesman BS you are beyond help!

All I will say now is: People who understand boxing know what Hearn is and see straight through his BS.
                      Whether you like Hearn or not, trying to deny that he is very, very good at what he does is flying in the face of reality

Comment

Working...
                      X