Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't there more Mexican / Latino fighters at LHW, CW and HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't there more Mexican / Latino fighters at LHW, CW and HW?

Seriously, where are they? Is it illegal for them to fight in the higher weight classes? Those divisions, especially CW and LHW could benefit from having a Mexican champion for the exposure it brings to the division - but for some reason we aren't seeing as many of them as I think we should considering they have a strong presence in the other divs

Mexicans are a tiny people. Like Asians.

Comment

ooo stop

this is basically race bait

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        ooo stop

this is basically race bait
        Well Mexicans aren't a race, not sure about Latino...

Comment

Mexicans arent generally big HW type of people.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            Mexicans arent generally big HW type of people.
            Well there was Andy Ruiz (Mexican-American) and one of the best UFC HWs Cain Velasquez (Mexican-American)

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
              Well there was Andy Ruiz (Mexican-American) and one of the best UFC HWs Cain Velasquez (Mexican-American)
              2 examples 6'1" and 6'2", but if they were truly in shape they be super middleweights moreso than HW, but now that you brought it up their is tons of Mexicans that are 6' around their give a take a inch. So IDK .....

Just might be on of those things that just is.

I wonder what is the average height of HW Boxers?
              Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 02-10-2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I'm assuming youve never been to Mexico? You wouldn't be asking such a dumb-ass question if you had.

Comment

It’s a good question. Too busy doing lucha libre. But it’s rare to have a Mexican from Mexico above 6’3 that wants to box hw is a bigger division now
                  It would be awesome for a Mexican from Mexico to be HW champ

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                    Seriously, where are they? Is it illegal for them to fight in the higher weight classes? Those divisions, especially CW and LHW could benefit from having a Mexican champion for the exposure it brings to the division - but for some reason we aren't seeing as many of them as I think we should considering they have a strong presence in the other divs
                    I asked that question to a guy from Mexico and this was his answer Heavier Mexican go to Wrestling theres more money on average and they get all the Chicks. Most Mexican are mixed with Indian and Indians are short the taller Mexicans usually have more Spaniard blood in them . I'm Hispanic myself

Comment

Working...
                    X