Canelo talks retirement, lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not motivated. Fat. Broken hand.

Comment

Not too long ago in an interview he said he envisioned himself retiring around 34 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        He's vaguely mentioning anything to do with retirement so idk if he's reallllllllly thought about retirement as a career move so much as some undetermined future date when he may wanna retire. Kinda how like Oscar used to say he'd retire at 30 or whatever when he was 22 or Khan when he said something similar. Its abstract retirement talk lol.

If not I'd be feeling weird about how he's going into this fight if he was thinking legit retirement.
        Lol exactly.

David Haye said he'd retire at 31. He's 36.

Comment

He has fought numerous elite fighters, including Floyd Mayweather, Miguel Cotto, Erislandy Lara and Austin Trout, moulding himself into the biggest draw in the sport today. However, he admits that thoughts of retirement have crossed his mind – though that won’t come for a good few years yet.
          “Obviously it’s crossed my mind. I’ve thought about it. It’s crossed my mind. But when it crosses my mind, I’m thinking, you know, when I’m 34, 35 years old,” he mused.

He's thinking of retiring in 6-7 years, big news.

Comment

Anyone who read the bottom of my post knows I DON'T THINK THE RETIREMENT TALK IS AN ISSUE.

Comment

He's already in his 12th year as a pro

Comment

At least he's been in lucrative super fights. This one with GGG would probably net him a minimum of $50 mil.

Overpay Haymon fighters fighting cab drivers and they will start fighting once a year and talk about retiring. Makes me puke.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
                  His one loss is to one of the best boxers of this generation, Mayweather. If he loses to GGG and has 2 losses from those guys, it shouldnt be looked down upon at all, those are top elite fighters of this generation
                  Exactly. Fighters should be commended for taking tough 50/50 fights. This is what the sport needs and I would never criticise them. A loss at elite level is not the end.

Comment

This is reaching hard. Canelo did not speak of retirement in the sense that GGG did, or like Cotto did. He spoke of it like "Yeah, sure of course i'ts crossed my mind".

I'm 28 years old and retirement crosses my mind all the time too, but i'm no where near done.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                      He's thinking of retiring in 6-7 years, big news.
                      Yeah... that's a lot of fights left. Some signature wins i would imagine as well...

Comment

Working...
                      X