No announcement yet.

Official: Bradley VS Rios RBR Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    YOU know, at first I was thinking to myself what can Teddy really bring to the table because I tend to think of him as an extremely knowledgeable boxing vet who is kind of crazy.

But seeing the videos of him and Bradley and the things that he is stressing, it looks like they [Bradley and Atlas] knew exactly what was needed from the trainer and exactly what the expectations were heading into all of this. Atlas is working on Bradley's neck strength so he can take those punches better and working on him slipping to the side after punching and always keeping his guard tight.

I've seen him stop Bradley several times and tell him "You were hanging out there for too long after those punches. No one cares how pretty it looks if you are eating punches afterwards." He was also working on getting Bradley to keep his feet planted more and keeping the weight on his lead foot instead of bouncing around wasting energy and not being able to apply power on his punches. He was showing Bradley to slide around and be ready to attack instead of having his feet off of the canvas which keeps him from having good balance.

Atlas admitted in one of those videos that you can't really teach an old dog new tricks but that Bradley checked any ego he may have had at the front door and adapted to what he was teaching in an extremely short amount of time. Kind of sounds like some of the stuff Diaz was claiming was a bit embellished to say the least. I didn't see tons of people standing in the way of Atlas and Bradley like there were for Diaz, according to him at least.
    Interesting. I can't wait to see how he looks. I respect what Diaz did for Tim but clearly he reached his peak as a fighter. I can understand the need for a change to make this one final career run.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      YOU know, at first I was thinking to myself what can Teddy really bring to the table because I tend to think of him as an extremely knowledgeable boxing vet who is kind of crazy.

But seeing the videos of him and Bradley and the things that he is stressing, it looks like they [Bradley and Atlas] knew exactly what was needed from the trainer and exactly what the expectations were heading into all of this. Atlas is working on Bradley's neck strength so he can take those punches better and working on him slipping to the side after punching and always keeping his guard tight.

I've seen him stop Bradley several times and tell him "You were hanging out there for too long after those punches. No one cares how pretty it looks if you are eating punches afterwards." He was also working on getting Bradley to keep his feet planted more and keeping the weight on his lead foot instead of bouncing around wasting energy and not being able to apply power on his punches. He was showing Bradley to slide around and be ready to attack instead of having his feet off of the canvas which keeps him from having good balance.

Atlas admitted in one of those videos that you can't really teach an old dog new tricks but that Bradley checked any ego he may have had at the front door and adapted to what he was teaching in an extremely short amount of time. Kind of sounds like some of the stuff Diaz was claiming was a bit embellished to say the least. I didn't see tons of people standing in the way of Atlas and Bradley like there were for Diaz, according to him at least.

I seen a lot of the same things. I like how he told him to not be in the same place for more than 2 seconds at a time. He also made sure he was feigning, sliding in and out sometimes without even punching. I liked what I saw and am very interested to see how it's applied as it is definitely all an improvement. But such short time means we might only see it for a few rounds before he reverts back to what he knows.

I also seen he was telling his brother in law Chris to bring the Towell (more than once). It does seem that teddy is in control.

Either way, should be a wide UD for Bradley although Rios is very dangerous through out the whole fight so it could end up like some gatti Ward type of ****.

I voted TB T/KO as always though. That's just how I roll

Comment

Is this tonight?

Comment

Bradley should get a UD, and I think Loma should KO this guys still disappointed that this fight was made was really hoping for a top 10-15 fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
            I seen a lot of the same things. I like how he told him to not be in the same place for more than 2 seconds at a time. He also made sure he was feigning, sliding in and out sometimes without even punching. I liked what I saw and am very interested to see how it's applied as it is definitely all an improvement. But such short time means we might only see it for a few rounds before he reverts back to what he knows.

I also seen he was telling his brother in law Chris to bring the Towell (more than once). It does seem that teddy is in control.

Either way, should be a wide UD for Bradley although Rios is very dangerous through out the whole fight so it could end up like some gatti Ward type of ****.

I voted TB T/KO as always though. That's just how I roll
            Desert Storm gonna shut him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              Is this tonight?
              Yup nothing like some good Sunday night HBO boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                Is this tonight?
                Nah, November 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  You watching Broncos Packers?

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Nah, November 7th.

Comment

Tim Bradley vs Brandon Rios Master Thread

It's taking place this Saturday, November 7th at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

Who's taking the win and how?

Discuss

Comment

Working...
                      X