Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jeter 5. The 5 Teams that Passed On Jeter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] The Jeter 5. The 5 Teams that Passed On Jeter.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/where-...jeter-in-1992/

My God, How Stupid do these 5 teams feel for passing on Derrick Jeter.

Personally, I think 4 of the 5 teams feel stupid for passing on him.

Houston Astros: Instead of Taking Derek Jeter, They Selected Phil Nevin. Nevin now is the Triple A Manager of the Arizona Diamondbacks club, the Reno Aces. Phil Nevin was alright but doesn't even hold a candle to Derek Jeter. The Houston Astros Fairly Recently Selected Carlos Correa in the MLB Draft back in 2012. They Selected him because of the Jeter Comps and the fact that they have been Haunted by the fact that they were the first pick back in 1992, and they passed on Derek Jeter. Apparently, an Astros scout was so outraged by the team passing on Jeter that he quit. There were a bunch of good pitching prospects in that draft, Most Notably Michael Wacha, But They were haunted by the mistake of 20 years ago in 1992, and went with Carlos Correa to right that wrong.

Cleveland Indians: Instead of taking Derek Jeter and moving many steps closer to ending their sports curse, The Indians Selected a Pitching Prospect, Paul Shuey. He did not do much in his Pro Baseball Career. He now Coaches a collegiate womens soccer team from some unknown school.

Montreal Expos: This one is probably the hugest blunder. They Select a pitcher by the name of PBJ Wallace. Back then, he looked as if he would have a promising career as did a lot of the other guys teams selected but like the first 5 in the Jeter draft, his career really never took place. He never made it to the Majors. He played for 3 minor league teams. That is all. In 2011, He was busted along with his wife for making Crystal Meth and apparently a lot of it, so he is probably someones b*tch in jail

http://bossip.com/450432/when-the-ch...a-school12006/

Baltimore Orioles: Even Though They Had Cal Ripken Jr, He would have been such a great Teacher to Jeter, So great that Ripken probably would have been traded, But Ripkens Career was winding down as Jeter's was just underway. One thing that The Orioles do regret about passing on Jeter, is that as a New York Stankee, he could kick the Orioles ass on a consistent basis. Anyway, The Orioles Selected Jeffrey Hammonds. Not much to say about him. His Career is below average. He currently is a Special assistant to the MLB Players Union in Player Program Development.

Cincinnati Reds: They selected Chad Mottola, and his stats are horse****. He was recently fired by the Blue Jays. But do you know why the Reds are that team that might not regret passing on Jeter. 2 Words. Barry Larkin. Now by no Means is Barry Larkin Better than Derrick Jeter, but it would have taken a while for Jeter to take Larkins Job. If he did well enough, Larkin Probably would have been traded for more prospects. But could you imagine the pairing of Derek Jeter and Ken Griffey Jr in Cincinnati. That would have been straight nasty. Probably something pitchers would just hate to prepare for Anyway, The Reds probably would have been better off taking Jason Kendall, Johnny Damon, Todd Helton, or others on this list who weren't shortstops https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_M...otable_players

Anyway, that is the Jeter 5.

Click the first link on the top of the thread to read more
    Last edited by Build That Wall; 09-03-2015, 12:36 AM.

Is there any reason you spell it Derrick and not Derek?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Is there any reason you spell it Derrick and not Derek?

I'm use to typing Derrick Rose a lot. I'll make that change. I talk more about Football and Basketball than baseball, and I am use to Derrick Rose and Derrick Brooks.

Comment

Word. I didn't know if you were trying to slight Jeter somehow lol

Jeter's greatness is more than just stats. It's plays like when he came outta nowhere to relay the ball back to Posada for the out at home, stuff like that made Jeter special. No one else in history of baseball has made a play like that.

Comment

Jeter's greatness is more than just stats. It's plays like when he came outta nowhere to relay the ball back to Posada for the out at home, stuff like that made Jeter special. No one else in history of baseball has made a play like that.
          I'm not trying to slight Jeter. And I don't even Like Jeter but I really hate the franchise he played for. I'm slighting the 5 teams for passing on him.

I ain't no A's fan, but I remember that **** happened at the Coliseum. I have seen some crazier plays, but what puts that one over the top is that it was in a playoff game. Or at least that is what I remember. I remember Mark Buherle had some crazy play on an opening day that was incredible.

Comment

Do the Kobe 12 now

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              Do the Kobe 12 now
              Thats too much typing. I thought about it though. How about you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                Thats too much typing. I thought about it though. How about you do it.

I'm too high and drunk

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  I'm too high and drunk
                  Do the Kobe 12 tomorrow. You live on the west coast just like I do I presume. When you are able.

Comment

"More than just stats" yea cause his stats sucks lol

Comment

Working...
                    X