Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were awarded exactly 100 million dollars cash for a successful climb of K2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're also taking a big risk just getting to the mountain, and camping around the base - as it's in the heart of Northern Pakistan, which is basically no man's land - laws and governance are done by tribes, and militias.

Not sure how safe it is now, but after 9/11, the ball-game completely changed.

I'm sure if you've got the money to get permission to try to climb K2 (probably like Everest, where it costs like 100,000 just to get the permit to try - not to mention another 100-200k for gear, sherpas, guides, etc.), then you've likely got the money, and influence to buy protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      I think I'm gonna do it. Obviously I won't get 100 mil, doe. Doing it for pride and a sense of great accomplishment.

I mean it can't be that hard...you just walk up the mountain, right? I already watched a Youtube video on it. Plus I saw that Everest movie with Jake Gyllenhaal. So I should be pretty prepared.

I'll bring some snicker bars to eat. And probably a windbreaker since it gets cool up there. What else do I need? I'll bring some old nikes cleats that I used to wear when I played flag football. Oh yeah and my phone so I can hit up the lounge when I get to the wifi zone. They do have a wifi zone, right?

Now I just gotta get there. Does American Airlines do non-stop flights to K2?
      Probably gonna get in trouble for giving you this secret but...the only way you're gonna make it is if you get a mullet like B-Suth. Don't tell him I told you though, we're supposed to go golfing this weekend and I'd be devastated if he got mad at me for leaking this and canceled

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Probably gonna get in trouble for giving you this secret but...the only way you're gonna make it is if you get a mullet like B-Suth. Don't tell him I told you though, we're supposed to go golfing this weekend and I'd be devastated if he got mad at me for leaking this and canceled
        wait a minute...you're hanging with Brian this weekend??

but he told me that he was working this weekend and couldn't hang out

damn brian...

Comment

Working...
        X