Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Poll: Who deserved to win Pacquiao-Horn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    It was close. I really did not care for this fight at all but when my friends asked who am I rooting for I said Pacquiao. I didn't care who won though. Yes, Horn got beat up in the 9th, but there's 12 rounds. Could've gone either way from what I saw. I did remember looking at Teddy Atlas scorecards and thinking he wasn't being fair to Horn and he may be have been a little too excited about Pacquiao and this may have swayed some casuals? Maybe. Not a robbery, Pac could've won, Horn got the close decision.

A few other things:

The 2 people I was watching the fight with wanted Pacquiao to lose from the start.

Both thought Pacquiao won the fight and was robbed.

Both are casuals.
    you know whats sad Kev, it was a great night for boxing, before the decision was announced a lot of people were saying wow this fight is amazing, a real fight for free, and praising boxing, but the moment the decision got announced they say Fuk boxing or boxing is dead. That to me is the sad part, so they overlooked an entertaining fight over a decision? I mean geez fans are so fickle they went from enjoying the ight praising it and saying what heart and spirit by Horn and Pacman, then hate boxing just because Horn got the nod in his hometown, how come they didnt bash UFC when UFC gives hometown decisions?

I was always told you gotta beat the hometown fighter in his town by KO or you dont win, Pac couldnt stop him so he lost, he needed like 5 knockdowns thats how down he was on the cards.

Comment

Manny lost because he didn't batter or knockout a school teacher. Horn won because he was aggressive and game. Thats what someone peoples logic has been on here.

Manny won, but hes done as a elite fighter. He might have a swansong performance like Mosley, but hes seriously got to hang them up soon.
      Last edited by Slick_Rick; 07-02-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Pacquiao is one of the greatest fighters of all time.

But he's now faded after being in too many wars against fighters like Morales, Marquez and Barrera, and fighting much bigger men like Mayweather and Margarito.

Comment

Look, I admit I had been sipping The Adult Beverages since The Card started, so my judgement may have been slightly (or very) impaired by The Time The Main Event started. With that disclaimer, I think I had it about 7-3 Horn, with 2 rounds even. Gave MP an extra point in the 9th. SO I had JH Winning. I'll Watch the replay sober, and maybe I'll reach a different conclusion.

Comment

It's pretty obvious Manny has lost a lost a step and can't land those 4 and 5 punch combos like he used too against bigger and slower men. His timing also looked terrible. Either Manny didn't train for this fight or he got really old after the Vargas fight. I never seen Manny miss so badly in my life.

If Manny can honestly still make 135lbs I say continue his career down there or fight some of the smaller 140 pounders because the era of Pac beating bigger men is over. He just isn't physically strong enough to deal with the size difference anymore.

Comment

Horn won that fight 116-112

Comment

Manny is definitely faded, and it's no surprise considering all the wars he's been in since he won his first world title as a teenager.

Comment

Pac won this 115-112

1 h
                  2 p
                  3 h
                  4 p
                  5 h
                  6 h (swing round)
                  7 p
                  8 p
                  9 p (10-8)
                  10 p (close but gave it to pac)
                  11 p
                  12 swing

Pac won this.. a draw would've been absurd but only if you gave EVERY swing round to Horn.

No possible way seeing Horn get more than 5 rounds. Horn getting the decision and being credited with winning 7 rounds is BAD. 117-111 score...corrupt

Comment

Basically, the clearest Horn rounds were rounds 1 and 3.

Closest rounds that in the judges eyes that could be swing...

Rounds 5, 6, 7, 10, 12.

Rounds 7 and 10 were easy to score for me.. they were Pac rounds. But these crooked judges probably thought otherwise.

EVERY close round to Horn ..horrible.

Comment

BoxNation commentators were more fair and objective than the mentally disturbed Teddy:

Comment

Working...
                      X