Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confederate flag coming down in S. Carolina!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's how I see it. Some people say the flag is racist so it comes down. What happens when some people say the American flag represents money, greed, and is direct conflict with their religious views.... Are we going to do away with that too?

What about other countries who may currently accept forms of slavery today, are their flags going to be banned from the next Olympics?

This country needs to wake up and learn to move on. You keep digging up dirt to keep it fresh. Maybe everything that represents America needs to be redone because it's offensive to Native Americans.... You know the race that was decimated by America?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
      I agree. It is a symbol of treason against the U.S. In Indiana, rednecks fly this **** around all the time even in a big city like Indianapolis. From experience I know that it is just a shield for the racists. The confederate flag should be banned from all buildings public or private. Anyone that flies this **** is a traitor to America.
      You do realize that America was founded by people who could be considered traitors to England right?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        red china or nationalist china?
        Surprise me.....

Comment

that flag represented the confederate states who where for Pro slavery. Even the VP of the confederate army was quoted as saying whites are superior. Good shiiit to take that down.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Here's how I see it. Some people say the flag is racist so it comes down. What happens when some people say the American flag represents money, greed, and is direct conflict with their religious views.... Are we going to do away with that too?

What about other countries who may currently accept forms of slavery today, are their flags going to be banned from the next Olympics?

This country needs to wake up and learn to move on. You keep digging up dirt to keep it fresh. Maybe everything that represents America needs to be redone because it's offensive to Native Americans.... You know the race that was decimated by America?
            Not the same. Sure, to some the American flag represents all kinds of horrible things, and rightfully so. What we can agree on though, is that the flag itself, doesn't have a written ideology of racism or hate.

There's a difference between horrible things happening under the flag, and horrific things that are written into the history of said symbol. I mean by your logic, we shouldn't fly any flags then, because they all have blood on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Surprise me.....
              i'll do a rope a dope on you, rappin' rabbi.

i'll go to singapore.

Comment

wow.

too much political correctness.

flag is part of u.s. history.

250,000-300,000 southerners died fighting under that flag.

too much whining in america over little things.

the flag wasn't hurting anybody.
                So you are for slavery huh? smh

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  that flag represented the confederate states who where for Pro slavery. Even the VP of the confederate army was quoted as saying whites are superior. Good shiiit to take that down.
                  abraham lincoln said blacks werent equal to whites too.

take the us flag down too?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    You do realize that America was founded by people who could be considered traitors to England right?
                    Do you know why they were considered "traitors"?

Comment

abraham lincoln said blacks werent equal to whites too.

take the us flag down too?
                      You mean while he was friends with Frederick Douglass?

While also being noted that Lincoln actually read a book they had on the subject back in the day:

http://www.diversityinc.com/news/abr...incoln-racist/

as he understood it even more when he became president & clashed with the south over said issue?

Here read some more:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...ncoln-a-racist
                      Last edited by bigjavi973; 07-10-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X