Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 07-18-2015, 12:39 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Amazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,391,654,711,274,728,587,264.00
Total Points: 45,486,654,711,274,852,581,376.00
Bro deserves it - Jedi Vader No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay one of our worst posters - Freedom. Beer for the winner! - SuperTrooper 
Super poster. - dancovboxer Stand up guy - Unknown Champ :) - Salim_Shady here's a whopper on me - -jose- Right back atcha ! - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Merry Christmas Amazinger - TBear Cheers! Merry Christmas - Beercules Season's Gree....I mean Merry Christmas!!! - DannYankee Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! :beerchug: - -jose- 
No Message - BERNIE'S CORNER we popping bottles son! good day to you too broski - -jose- It's Canadian Moosehead...Drink it ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Them damn Injins ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Wear this with pride. You are now and ever shall be an Honorary American. If anyone asks for your papers ? Tell em Bernie said I don't need no stink'n papers !  LOL ! All this just to tell you I'm outta green.... - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - LeeVanCleef Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - kyshenko team Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default Black is Canada's flag bearer in closing ceremony in Pan-Am! KANYE SUCK!

Ellie Black’s dominant gymnastics performance makes her flag-bearer favourite

We are only six days into the 2015 Pan Am Games, but we need not waste any breath over the traditional discussion of who the Canadian flag bearer should be at the Closing Ceremony. There’s no doubt it should be gymnast Ellie Black.

Black, a 19 year old from Halifax, had a record setting performance this week winning five medals overall – a bronze, a silver, and three golds. It was one of best Pan Am performances ever by a Canadian athlete.

Black’s medal haul began on Sunday with a silver in the team event. She won her first gold on Monday in the artistic all-around competition, and a bronze on Tuesday in the vault. She completed her dominant run by winning gold in both the balance beam and floor exercise competitions on Wednesday.

“This was more than I expected, this has been incredible,” Black said on Wednesday. “The support here has been amazing, I was so proud of our team coming in silver, and individually in my finals I was not expecting half of this. So just to come in here and be able to do that in front of the home crowd and have everyone’s support is incredible.”

The Canadian record for most medals in a single Pan Am Games belongs to Gerald Ouellette, who won nine in the shooting competition in 1959, and was an Olympic gold medallist. Decorated Canadian swimmer Joanne Malar won six medals at the 1995 Pan Am Games, and five at the ’91 Games.

Canadians like to debate the merits of flag-bearer candidates at events like this. And at these games in particular it will be a difficult choice, thanks to the impressive medal haul for Canada. After five days of competition Canada already has won more gold medals than it did at the 2011 Games. In 2011 in Guadalajara the Closing Ceremony flag bearer was Mary Spencer, a gold-medal winning boxer.

There will be lots of gold medallists to choose from by the time the Games wrap up. But having five medals overall, and being the most decorated gymnast at the games will work in Black’s favour. At the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin speedskater Cindy Klassen won five medals and was the easy choice for flag bearer.

That kind of precedent makes Black the frontrunner, for now at least. There are still lots of medals to be handed out.

Black’s five-medal feat at these Games has so far only been matched by Colombian gymnast Jossimar Calvo Moreno, who also has three gold medals, and five overall. Canada’s has other multi-medallists in rowing, swimming, and diving, but no one else with more than three.

While Black’s successful Pan Games are done, her work this year is far from over. She will compete at the world championships in Glasgow in October where the competition will be much tougher. At the 2014 worlds she finished ninth in the all-around event, and seventh in the balance beam. This time qualification for the 2016 Rio Olympics Games will be on the line.

“I'm so excited for the world championships, the team's coming along great,” she said. “We're working really hard, so we're just looking forward to going back home, keep building and then, go to world championships and see what happens.”

Black already has Olympic experience, competing as a 15-year-old in London in 2012. She helped the Canadian team to a surprising fifth-place finish, and finished eighth in the vault.
Amazinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:30 PM #2
TheTartanSoldier

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 931,292,441,609,190.50
Total Points: 399,867,276,354,751,936.00
Top Bloke! - mickey malone For your knowledge of boxing - sigrab jr Hell of a poster, very generous - BigStereotype the champ is here - New England wisdom - House of Stone 
For generosity and top posts! - Sugarj medal for your videos - New England The Greatest Vid : Barney the Great - McGoorty Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A 
4 the uploads! - chiguy91 For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 For the massive amount of points given - MindBat You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 For the help buddy - Badzi87 You a Scot,Me a English and this lucky clover from Ireland.Best of luck m8. - HughGlass 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

I thought that was just a really racist headline.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Barn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:42 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Amazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,391,654,711,274,728,587,264.00
Total Points: 45,486,654,711,274,852,581,376.00
Bro deserves it - Jedi Vader No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay one of our worst posters - Freedom. Beer for the winner! - SuperTrooper 
Super poster. - dancovboxer Stand up guy - Unknown Champ :) - Salim_Shady here's a whopper on me - -jose- Right back atcha ! - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Merry Christmas Amazinger - TBear Cheers! Merry Christmas - Beercules Season's Gree....I mean Merry Christmas!!! - DannYankee Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! :beerchug: - -jose- 
No Message - BERNIE'S CORNER we popping bottles son! good day to you too broski - -jose- It's Canadian Moosehead...Drink it ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Them damn Injins ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Wear this with pride. You are now and ever shall be an Honorary American. If anyone asks for your papers ? Tell em Bernie said I don't need no stink'n papers !  LOL ! All this just to tell you I'm outta green.... - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - LeeVanCleef Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - kyshenko team Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn View Post
I thought that was just a really racist headline.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Hahahaha. made you look eh...
Amazinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
bearer, black, canada's, ceremony, closing, flag, kanye, pan-am!, suck!

User Tag List