Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffy Vampire Slayer will be rebooted with Black Lead, Fans Are Angry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The site has reached an all time low when a poster creates a thread about Buffy the Vampire slayer because they are rebooting the show and the lead character is now black.

Does the TS or anyone triggered by this understand Buffy is a fictional character and that she was never really "white" to begin with?

Comment

The original sucked ass and this will suck ass as well..... but more diversely.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        And the vampires would be too afraid to drink the tranny's blood, cause of AIDS and shiet.
        BooBoo da Vampire Slaya, Wednesday 8pm/7 central

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          The site has reached an all time low when a poster creates a thread about Buffy the Vampire slayer because they are rebooting the show and the lead character is now black.

Does the TS or anyone triggered by this understand Buffy is a fictional character and that she was never really "white" to begin with?
          The vampire slayer HAS to be a cute snow bunny. No exceptions

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
            They've tried this "reboot classic franchise, but this time change the race / gender of the characters" a bunch of times. Every single time the result has been trash. This will probably be no different, not that I particularly care about Buffy.
            Reboots in general are awful even if they don't change the race or gender.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              BooBoo da Vampire Slaya, Wednesday 8pm/7 central

"Da Vampire Slaya," that's right playa.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Meh, I just point out the obvious. Just like how I pointed out the obvious with Harvard Med School removing the white portraits. Again, it was you that objected with me posting the content.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

"Da Vampire Slaya," that's right playa.
                  Would be an awesome slogan.

Comment

The only problem is that as of season 7, there are hundreds of slayers now. If they wanted they could jump around to multiple slayers around the US/globe. The slayer Spike killed before Buffy was black, as was the first slayer ever. This char wouldn't even be the first black slayer (or second) just from the original series.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
                      Meh, I just point out the obvious. Just like how I pointed out the obvious with Harvard Med School removing the white portraits. Again, it was you that objected with me posting the content.
                      You and posters like you make yourselves look ******ed every time you post about fictional characters being rebooted as an example of "blackwashing". Just think before you pretend to be a victim.

Lets be clear-I didn't object to the content at all. I just think your "whiteness is on attack" agenda makes you and others look soft and weak because while there are a lot of hard things on planet earth-being a white man in America is not one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X