No announcement yet.

Sober Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Officially one month without a drink. One more week before I get apeshit drunk.
    You sure this is a good idea?

Comment

• I have a massive hungover today. I'm thinking of taking a break myself, until Povetkin - Wilder, the fight I'm looking forward to the most.

Anyway, congratulations on one month of sobriety, Derranged

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        You sure this is a good idea?
        I think I'll be alright.

Comment

I think I'll be alright.
          I just set my beer down to say this, but this is an intervention Georges.

Maybe go with coffee instead.

The idea that you gotta drink at certain times has ****ed me up a lot.

That's why now I drink alone.

Which is even worse of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
            I just set my beer down to say this, but this is an intervention Georges.

Maybe go with coffee instead.

The idea that you gotta drink at certain times has ****ed me up a lot.

That's why now I drink alone.

Which is even worse of course.
            There's no question I have a problem with alcohol. All these years, rather than fix my problem, I've kinda rationalized my around it. Limiting drinking to weekends and special occasions, taking breaks, etc. The fact that I cannot touch alcohol without winding up intoxicated and that every time I drink, I continue to so until I'm asleep is an issue that I can't ignore forever. I've eliminated drinking alone (except when I get home after drinking in a social situation) and I have been able to abstain from the drink for more than three weeks at a time without going nuts (this used to be much harder for me). Perhaps that's just more rationalizing, but I have been drinking less over all which in my opinion, is a good start.

Comment

I think I'll be alright.
              What are you planning on drinking? Usually when I have longer brakes I mostly fantasize about cold beer - just beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                What are you planning on drinking? Usually when I have longer brakes I mostly fantasize about cold beer - just beer.
                Probably beer. My tolerance will be way down so too many shots would ruin me too quickly.

Comment

Working...
                X