Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosley vs. Pacquiao: Could End Up Being A Classic Battle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a bad match-up because Mosley is so clearly and obviously done as an athlete. He's never been good technically, he hasn't looked particularly strong in his last 22 rounds of fighting, and he clearly and obviously doesn't have a prayer. I mean, you're entitled to your dumbass opinions if you want them, but the fact remains that Mosley is less than a B level fighter at this point, and without the steroids I doubt that he was much better than that to begin with.

If Mosley can't hang as an athlete with Pacquiao - we all know that he never could - and he doesn't have the technical capacities of someone like JMM, how the hell do you expect him to have a chance at giving a good performance? Was the Mayweather fight a good performance? No, but people point to those two big punches. Well, I'm sorry, but two big punches do not a good performance make.

I'll give Mosley two big punches in the fight, then the rest will be Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
      What an interesting analysis. I do agree with you that Mosley IS a fighter to be wary of, but that would only be true for the first two or three rounds.

But who knows? We may get a surprise and have a good fight as you surmised.
      You know what the darkhorse in this is?

EPO.

If Mosley goes back to his oldways of using performance enhancing drugs, he'll do fine. That's the only way though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
        It's a bad match-up because Mosley is so clearly and obviously done as an athlete. He's never been good technically, he hasn't looked particularly strong in his last 22 rounds of fighting, and he clearly and obviously doesn't have a prayer. I mean, you're entitled to your dumbass opinions if you want them, but the fact remains that Mosley is less than a B level fighter at this point, and without the steroids I doubt that he was much better than that to begin with.

If Mosley can't hang as an athlete with Pacquiao - we all know that he never could - and he doesn't have the technical capacities of someone like JMM, how the hell do you expect him to have a chance at giving a good performance? Was the Mayweather fight a good performance? No, but people point to those two big punches. Well, I'm sorry, but two big punches do not a good performance make.

I'll give Mosley two big punches in the fight, then the rest will be Pacquiao.

With all the respect, I would like to correct your statement. "he hasn't looked particularly strong in his last 22 rounds of fighting"

I would say 21 rounds of fighting. Mayweather rounds 1-3 he looked good and strong. But defensive fighters always get offensive fighters tired. That's just my philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgar Solorzano View Post
          Mosley vs. Pacquiao: Could End Up Being A Classic Battle?

There are three reasons why Shane Mosley could give Pacquiao a fight worth watching.

Reason #1: Manny Pacquiao has faced fighters that have poor head-movement in the welterweight division. Miguel Cotto is probably the only fighter that had good head-movement, but failed in other parts. Shane Mosley has great head movement and that could make a difference in the early rounds and possibly later rounds if Shane Mosley ends up having good stamina.

GTFOH shanes head movement is horrible

Reason #2: Shane Mosley may have few powerful weapons. But there’s no doubt that the jab is one of them. If Shane Mosley uses his jab, like he has been doing in past fights. He might be able to create distance and could set up good combinations to land that explosive hook. Miguel Cotto started pretty good in the early rounds when he fought Pacquiao. Cotto threw plenty of jabs, giving him space and distance to create some combinations. Only problem with Cotto was that he stopped using the jab in the later rounds.

LMAO IS THIS JOKER SERIOUS

Reason #3: Shane Mosley has that powerful right and left hook. If he happens to land a few powerful body shots and right hooks against Pacquiao, not only will that help Shane Mosley get a chance to steal Pacquiao’s crown, but it will give him confidence. As confidence is an important element in the sport of Boxing.

so shanes only hope of beating the p4p king and fighter of the decade is to hope he can catch manny with a sunday punch CHILE PLEAAAZZZZEEEEE.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgar Solorzano View Post
            With all the respect, I would like to correct your statement. "he hasn't looked particularly strong in his last 22 rounds of fighting"

I would say 21 rounds of fighting. Mayweather rounds 1-3 he looked good and strong. But defensive fighters always get offensive fighters tired. That's just my philosophy.

and round 1-3 on Sergio Mora, I really can't tell because both fighters didn't throw much. But Shane Mosley had good body-movement and looked like the aggressor for a while on september 18th. Just his stamina was a major problem.

An old lion could get tired of chasing some type of animal. But when you put two wild animals perhaps, let's say a lion and a tiger then you get a decent fight.

But thanks for reading!
            Last edited by Edgar Solorzano; 12-29-2010, 09:15 PM. Reason: and correction on saying, Mayweather looked good and strong rounds 1-3. *I meant Shane Mosley

Comment

Regardless about Mosleys power, i want to pay for a PPV main event which will be slightly competitive, not a 1 sided fight that is going to end up in man slaughter.

But lucky me I'm from the U.K & Sky Sports show these fights free

Comment

Yes only because of Pacquiao's defensive deficiencies, not because of anything Moses is particularly good at IMO.

Comment

If Pacquiao stands still and trades with him he will get KOd, but he won't do that he will move laterally as usual and as Shane's legs are made of cement these days (and they were never quick he relied on handspeed, hence why a jab f***s him over) this will be a one sided beatdown, with possibly one or two solid punches landed early by shane ala may 1st.

Comment

I think its gunna be abit like chicken run in the ring

Comment

Working...
                    X