No announcement yet.

What is the obsession with BTS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
    that is crazy tho. im not hating I just never thought teen girls would be in to this. I mean they don't even sing in English right? So it must be just the new trend.

Well more in the far east markets, which is a huge market especially with China spending more and more.

No different to other boybands, did you seen Backstreet boys and N-Sync and even One direction. Just look at Justin Bieber.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Well more in the far east markets, which is a huge market especially with China spending more and more.

No different to other boybands, did you seen Backstreet boys and N-Sync and even One direction. Just look at Justin Bieber.
      No bro its not that they are dominating America here. I understand if they dominate Asia, duh they Asian. but here in USA all the big talk shows are kissing their arses like too far to the point where its like they are contractually obligated to.

I don't think some racist white 13yr old girl from middle America would be feeling them, but apparently they do.

Supposedly on Social media they are on a whole different level with their army of followers and fans.

It all might be like some algorithms conspiracy or whatever but like I said all the US American talkshows are kissing their arses. the UN will have them and they don't even speak English right? So how the F does it even all work out?

Comment

Bro real talk whats going on here tho? I mean even back when Backstreet Boys were on top of the world, they weren't getting the insane attention these guys are?

Is it just different times? with Social Media and all? What are we missing here?
        Seriously i never expected any Korean group to ever go mainstream in the US. Most members of BTS are straight fobs so it’s bizarre how popular they are. Their music... well cant really call that music but it’s all about marketing and socia media as you mentioned.

It started with PSY’s Kangnam style. PSY basically paved the way..

BTS is more popular in America than they are in Korea.

Comment

No bro its not that they are dominating America here. I understand if they dominate Asia, duh they Asian. but here in USA all the big talk shows are kissing their arses like too far to the point where its like they are contractually obligated to.

I don't think some racist white 13yr old girl from middle America would be feeling them, but apparently they do.

Supposedly on Social media they are on a whole different level with their army of followers and fans.

It all might be like some algorithms conspiracy or whatever but like I said all the US American talkshows are kissing their arses. the UN will have them and they don't even speak English right? So how the F does it even all work out?
          Can't say I've noticed the same here in the UK, maybe that is because I don't hang out with 13 year old girls, but I've only seen them once on a music channel in the gym and that is it.

Comment

Can't say I've noticed the same here in the UK, maybe that is because I don't hang out with 13 year old girls, but I've only seen them once on a music channel in the gym and that is it.
            bro im the marketing manager for our team so that includes the social media department below me, so yeah they are always on top of the trends and algorithms not to mention every damn talk show as well here!

Comment

Whats is the obsession with BTS? Not to sound like a hater im all for everyone chasing that paper and living your dreams but WTF is BTS?

I jump online and everyones saying Nicki Minaj did a song with BTS?

I see a 10 second clip and it looks like some boy band fruity crap from over seas? What the hell is happening can someone explain?

Is it like what all the jail bait chicks are into now?

Same obsession US teens have obsessed over mumble rappers. They have a lot of similarities. Teens can’t understand what mumble rappers and BTS are saying. One cannot enunciate properly while the other is a language barrier. Also they’re both just selling images of “cool”

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                Came here thinking BTS is an abbreviation I didn't know..
                I thought it was going to be a new disease I needed to start fearing.

Comment

LOL just this past week they were at the UN! (WTF?)

and on Jimmy Fallon The Tonight Show. Jimmy was kissing their arses and said they were "The Biggest Boy Band In The World!" lol crazy right?

Also the audience made up of teenage girls of all ethnic backgrounds were screaming like it was 1969 and they were the Beatles?

They were then on that morning show with Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan. Strahan was kissing their arses and doing their dance moves.

I will say this tho they can dance. I will give them that. But their songs do sound horrible and not sure what language they are even singing in lol.

Comment

LOL just this past week they were at the UN! (WTF?)

and on Jimmy Fallon The Tonight Show. Jimmy was kissing their arses and said they were "The Biggest Boy Band In The World!" lol crazy right?

Also the audience made up of teenage girls of all ethnic backgrounds were screaming like it was 1969 and they were the Beatles?

They were then on that morning show with Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan. Strahan was kissing their arses and doing their dance moves.

I will say this tho they can dance. I will give them that. But their songs do sound horrible and not sure what language they are even singing in lol.

Seems like America is pushing them hard.

Don't really think the Brits will take to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X