Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: The Offer To Deontay Wilder Will NOT Be Improving!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
    I've never seen a promoter work so aggressively to prevent a fight before. Sure, I've seen ducks happen before now, but I've never seen one side work so damn hard to keep it from happening. Literally the only way Hearn lets this fight happen is if Wilder accepts a half-eaten lukewarm cheeseburger as his purse or if he sells his soul to Matchroom first. It's obvious that in the last two years or so Hearn's ego has bloated into something absolutely monstrous, he has to has absolute control over everything or else he won't work with anybody.
    Correct, and Joshua content to hide behind his manoeuvres!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      because nobody wants to see a rematch or AJ vs Parker. The match was terrible, and Eddie knows that coming out and saying "April's Wembly match could be a rematch of that awful thing we put on last year" likely wont sell well.
      But they want a re-run of whyte aj?

If parker stops whyte or beats in a war & being a former champion, why isnt he justified a rematch like whyte?

Comment

Originally posted by Falkano View Post
        Wilder's highest fee was £1.5m and now people think he is worth £25m a fight?

Crazy.

I bet his next fight won't even be on ppv again. He doesn't deserve anywhere near a 50-50 split.
        Just sign the contract Wilder ffs.
        Who the heck cares what he made before? It's all about the potential gross from this upcoming fight. If we go by your logic he should take a dollar over his highest payday cause after all it's higher than what he ever made before. SMH

While I agree he doesn't deserve 50/50, a flat fee on the biggest fight outside of GGG vs Canelo is ******ed. Especially when AJ is fighting Povetkin and Wilder will have a fight in between, which could make their match up even bigger

Comment

That mofo scared to death of Wilder

Comment

As it should not. Pricing yourself out is ducking. I know Wilder fans live off double standards but get real kids. Team AJ terms or keep barking like a HW Amir Khan acting like he can dictate any terms of a Floyd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
              Joshua put a price of $50m on his signature, got it and still wouldn't sign. Bluff called.

If he really was his own manager he would tell Hearns, who works for him, to get this fight made.

As regards the split, fairs fair, and it should be a % not a fixed fee.

I admit to not being aware of that rematch clause on those terms but, again, fairs fair, if Joshua loses, then he should have to go to the States on the same deal that Wilder will come to the UK on.

Why is nobody asking what Wilder makes from the $50m offer?

We know he only commands $2.1m vs Ortiz. We know he was going to land on a 50% split if the fight exceeded financial expectations.

But what was his guaranteed fee? $5m, $10m? Is it more than the $15m currently on the table for him? Why aren't you calling him a ducker for either a) turning down his highest payday or b) offering a deal which includes 50% to himself plus all home advantages?

The only bluff here is Haymon/Showtimes $50m guarantee or 50/50 split offer. Do you notice they never made an improved 60/40 offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Who the heck cares what he made before? It's all about the potential gross from this upcoming fight. If we go by your logic he should take a dollar over his highest payday cause after all it's higher than what he ever made before. SMH

While I agree he doesn't deserve 50/50, a flat fee on the biggest fight outside of GGG vs Canelo is ******ed
                Of course it matters what he has made before....
                It shows what he will bring to the table in terms of generating money.
                If someone is making around £1m a fight in generated income (tickets/tv/sponsors etc) you can't expect that person to somehow start generating 25x that amount.

Regardless of what we all think of Hearn or Joshua on a personal level they are bringing huge money to the table. Not only that but selling out huge stadiums.
                Until Wilder becomes a ppv star, sells out 90k+ stadiums he cannot even remotely ask for 50% of what will be made when he himself will likely not even generate 10% of that himself....

Whatever route Wilder goes in AJ will still make £25m+ a fight and whoever he fights will make £5m+ for fighting him. Didn't Parker get around £8m? Will still sell out stadiums.

Where as what will Wilder do? No PPV, No stadiums, no money. People need to wake up and see Wilder isn't some megastar. Until he fights other champions which he has never done he will remain a nobody.
                To try and say AJ is ducking Wilder by not giving him 50% of the revenue is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

While I agree he doesn't deserve 50/50, a flat fee on the biggest fight outside of GGG vs Canelo is ******ed. Especially when AJ is fighting Povetkin and Wilder will have a fight in between, which could make their match up even bigger
                  "Who the heck cares what he made before? "

Comment

Originally posted by Falkano View Post
                    Of course it matters what he has made before....
                    It shows what he will bring to the table in terms of generating money.
                    If someone is making around £1m a fight in generated income (tickets/tv/sponsors etc) you can't expect that person to somehow start generating 25x that amount.

Regardless of what we all think of Hearn or Joshua on a personal level they are bringing huge money to the table. Not only that but selling out huge stadiums.
                    Until Wilder becomes a ppv star, sells out 90k+ stadiums he cannot even remotely ask for 50% of what will be made when he himself will likely not even generate 10% of that himself....

Whatever route Wilder goes in AJ will still make £25m+ a fight and whoever he fights will make £5m+ for fighting him. Didn't Parker get around £8m? Will still sell out stadiums.

Where as what will Wilder do? No PPV, No stadiums, no money. People need to wake up and see Wilder isn't some megastar. Until he fights other champions which he has never done he will remain a nobody.
                    To try and say AJ is ducking Wilder by not giving him 50% of the revenue is laughable.
                    you are delusional...

hearn and AJ can sell out 90k stadiums but the fact remains that canelo/chavez did more at the gate than any of joshuas fights....

and you cant just take a guys previous fights...because wilder/AJ would sell out in vegas and do numbers.....the opponent matters....wilder vs ortiz is not equal to what wilder vs aj would do

golovkins numbers and earnings are crap when he fights lemiuex and jacobs....put canelo in front of him and suddenly the numbers and his purse are much larger

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      That is not the rules bc you dont have to be number 1 to be the mandatory .

Breazeale is the number 1 mandatory .

It doesnt matter who wins bc either Parker or Whyte is a LONG way off from Wilder taking place if ever .

Fast Eddie actually has built a super strong resume for Joshua 20 plus fights not so for SLOW Finkel with Wilder , correct ?
                      Super strong resume?

AJ seems to have a habit of fighting past their prime nursing home patients. But what I don’t get is why UK has to prop these guys up to be something they are not to make their guy look good. Klitschko lost to a jelly roll fat a$$. He was already past his prime but UK fans get moist in the panties when they talk about AJs signature win over Klitschko. No one in the US gets moist over Tyson’s win over Holmes because Holmes was already past his prime. We also certainly don’t point to Holmes as his signature win. Why? Because he was old. Klitschko is old and past prime. Potvekin is old and past prime. UK fans prop up wheel chair bound geezers...call me a genius but I’m sensing a pattern

Comment

Working...
                      X