Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone get the sense that Ward..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "Ward doesn't want the fight" thread. I'm positive this fight happens. I think the real issue is the November date. Personally I think it's cutting it too close and I wouldn't be surprised if the fight was postponed. I wouldn't put that on Ward himself but rather the two crappy promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Another "Ward doesn't want the fight" thread. I'm positive this fight happens. I think the real issue is the November date. Personally I think it's cutting it too close and I wouldn't be surprised if the fight was postponed. I wouldn't put that on Ward himself but rather the two crappy promoters.
      3 months is too short? WTF! Ward has been 'tuning up' to Kovalev for over a year too by the way.. How long does he need? The November date has been banded around for months now also. Ward has been aware of that too..

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
        You think that seals it? Ward pulled out of a fight with Pavlik in January 2012.

Ward pulled out of a fight with Brand in 2015.

Ward has form & like I said he seems lack lustre & the presser no show doesn't fill me with confidence. This is their first PPV events, Ward should be bending over backwards to promote the fight. DUVA DOESNT EXACTLY SOUND THAT CERTAIN AT THE PRESSER EITHER! Citing we have an agreement & she doesn't know if there is a problem with ward! Why reiterate that? Shouldn't that be plain anyway? You can't blame fans who know of Wards amateur dramatics for being a bit sceptical..
        Are you dense or something? Kovalev fan. I want to see it happen. You are incorrect. Learn to read..

List of Kovalev fans who don't want to see it happen please? I haven't met one..
        The ones that keep making topics claiming to be concerned the fight won't happen. Where are the Brook vs. GGG threads showing concern the fight won't happen? Brook Pulled out of the Chavez, Rios, and Vargas fight.

Comment

Oh ya? How many tune ups does Ward need? All these are tune ups for Kovalev aren't they? First press conference for the supposed mega fight? No Ward.. All that what u just said would have worked had Ward not been fighting the likes of Brand (fighting genuine threats instead) & actually showed willing to promote the fight with Sergey! You need Brand & Smith to tune up for Sergey? Ward is cashing out & I suspect he's going to pull a diva moment out of his ass & put the fight in jeopardy before it ever really got going. Hope I'm wrong..
          The Smith fight was way before the 3 fight deal with HBO was agreed and before Ward decided he was going to campaign at LHW, hence why it ended up on BET at a 172 catchweight. Barrera (Kovalev's mandatory) and Brand were the tune ups not Smith and Brand but keep altering the past "Kovalev fan".

Did you see the "presser" that Ward missed?, There wasn't even a background banner for Christ's sake. Let's not forget that a week prior Ward informed them that he would not be attending, couldn't they have rescheduled it rather than go through with it KNOWING WARD WASN'T COMING?

Look buddy, I don't mind you having gripes with Ward.... even has a fan of his he has left me frustrated with some of his decisions but I won't stand for you manipulating past events to strengthen your point. Keep it factual.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            The ones that keep making topics claiming to be concerned the fight won't happen. Where are the Brook vs. GGG threads showing concern the fight won't happen? Brook Pulled out of the Chavez, Rios, and Vargas fight.
            Are you dense or something? Kovalev fan. I want to see it happen. You are incorrect. Learn how to read.. Who are these fans? Golovkin is irrelevant in this thread, are you a member of the remedial class or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Don't forget the Alexander fight he twice pulled out of!!!

How many times is that over the space of 2/3 years but where is the concern??

Preach Cobra PREACH!!!!

Comment

Ward acting like: "You don't dictate any terms on us"...

Comment

Are you dense or something? Kovalev fan. I want to see it happen. You are incorrect. Learn how to read.. Who are these fans? Golovkin is irrelevant in this thread, are you a member of the remedial class or something?
                  So why are you making concern threads about the fight not happening instead of making threads about the fight happening? You claim you want to see the fight but you're talking about the fight not happening although all evidence points to the fight happening. Even Duva said Ward has a contract to fight Kovalev and if he doesn't fight Kovalev he can't fight at all. Doesn't get more iron clad than that. The fight is happening. No need for these concern troll threads

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    The Smith fight was way before the 3 fight deal with HBO was agreed and before Ward decided he was going to campaign at LHW, hence why it ended up on BET at a 172 catchweight. Barrera (Kovalev's mandatory) and Brand were the tune ups not Smith and Brand but keep altering the past "Kovalev fan".

Did you see the "presser" that Ward missed?, There wasn't even a background banner for Christ's sake. Let's not forget that a week prior Ward informed them that he would not be attending, couldn't they have rescheduled it rather than go through with it KNOWING WARD WASN'T COMING?

Look buddy, I don't mind you having gripes with Ward.... even has a fan of his he has left me frustrated with some of his decisions but I won't stand for you manipulating past events to strengthen your point. Keep it factual.
                    I know Ward stipulations & demands are sometimes ridiculous but i never thought id hear the day a fan of his would cite the lack of a banner as to his no show & say it almost in defense of him too! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok so Barrera & Brand then. He's 'still tuning up' isn't he..

Comment

But you're also a GGG fan so where is your thread about your concern that Brook will pull out?

The man asked you question, I suggest you answer it and stop sidestepping since we're on the subject of fighters pulling out.

Comment

Working...
                      X