Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson KOd Allen Green too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was good for Kessler, he needs to stay active, he won't beat Ward or Bute at this point. He is pretty much done at the top.

Comment

Still would like to see Kessler fight either Cleverly or the Cloud-Pascal winner.

Comment

Kessler-Cleverly is that fight that should happen.

Would make the Dane a big favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          Knockout of the year doesn't necessarily mean the most high profile knockout. There just haven't been too many notable knockouts recently so Kessler's is up there.

I don't think anyone has any false ideas based on this KO. Allan Green was there to lose and Kessler looked rusty and shaky for a moment, as he has largely ever since the Calzaghe fight. He just hasn't been able to put an active, relevant string of fights together with the constant injuries hindering his campaign.

Kessler is still one of the top super middleweights out there and deserves to compete against the best, whether he is a betting favorite to win or not.

I definitely think he is a level above the likes of Stieglitz and Abraham but not quite up there with Ward or Bute (as of this moment), much like Carl Froch.
          Agreed. Kessler looked slower than usual, but the finish was chilling and perfectly setup.

Hopefully Kessler avoided injuries so he Can fight again this autumn. There was some rust last night, so I expect him to be better next time. Problem is that the top guys are occupied.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Glen Johnson KOd Allen Green too
            but not as good/sweet as Kessler did

Comment

I'd like to see how kessler would do against cleverly or Dawson. I could see him doing well at light heavy ... at least until Ward moves up

Comment

Kessler got dropped in the first round too, but he listened to his trainers advice between 3rd and 4th round. His trainer told him to "step around him and throw" or something like that and that's exactly what Kessler did to get the KO. He stepped to his left, timed Greens jab and caught him clean. Good KO, and good trainer advice.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  Kessler landed a sweet punch to say the least but its still not a great win considering the competition. Green never beat a top fighter, simple as that. Mainstream fans always get carried away after a big knockout regardless of who it is against, in reality this was nothing but a warmup after his layoff.
                  true!!!...what you're saying is spot on!!...but STILL, that KO was something to behold for ANY boxing fan....casual or hardcore!!...with all the bs decisions and bad doping tests we've been seeing and hearing about....this was nice to see....Price put something on Saxton as well....brutalful stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Kessler-Cleverly is that fight that should happen.

Would make the Dane a big favorite.
                    you know it...Kessler chops the young boy down imo

Comment

I was more impressed with Kesslers reaction after he got knocked down in general, not just the finisher. He reacted like a champion. The punch was obviously a thing of beauty, perfect timing.

Comment

Working...
                      X