Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Manny Steward said his love child Tommy Hearns will beat Floyd and RJJ. AGREE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
    Manny had said that Tommy Hearns would have easily knocked out and hurt Floyd, he would have a much tougher time against Roy but Manny's theory is that at even 168 Tommy still counters any 'naturally gifted boxers' and Roy was a naturally gifted super boxer.

On a side note it is very obvious Manny Steward loved Tommy the most out of all his fighters. By far.

Any subject having to do with Tommy he just lights up and talk on and on about how great Tommy was and how he coulda beaten almost anyone.

I think for Manny

it is

Tommy Hearns- the true love

Lennox Lewis- the wife

Wladimir Klithscko - the 2nd wife after true love and wife died from cancer.
    Manny said Shamba beats Floyd to, end thread.

Comment

I just viewed the pole and its amazing how emmotions over rule logic... Hearns losses to both these guys, Roy is more likely to put him out tho.
      At the sametime, Hearns has as much a chance to put Roy out a Roy has to put him out. Both Roy and Hearns have shown a weakness, when they get hit they get hurt, esspecially to the chin.
      In Hearns case he Stays hurt, Roy just goes to sleep. Floyd beats both these guys far more than they beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
        I just viewed the pole and its amazing how emmotions over rule logic... Hearns losses to both these guys, Roy is more likely to put him out tho.
        At the sametime, Hearns has as much a chance to put Roy out a Roy has to put him out. Both Roy and Hearns have shown a weakness, when they get hit they get hurt, esspecially to the chin.
        In Hearns case he Stays hurt, Roy just goes to sleep. Floyd beats both these guys far more than they beat him.
        DUde If I were you I wouldn't even try and make a point. If you believe floyd beats them both no matter what the reason, in the end most people will say its only because you are a d!ckrider or something like that. I had a private debate with reed about roy and floyd fight and though we didn't agree, it was refreshing to just discuss something without the usual crap that goes on here.

Comment

RJJ beats Hearns at any weight above 154 (he'd be too drained).
          I agree that FLoyd is no ATG WW, and at 147 Floyd would be KO'd.
          But I believe 130-140 is Floyds best weight - and he could've been one of the greatest 130-135 lbs of ALL time.

Comment

ummmm I wont argue that hearns would beat floyd, but tommy hearns beating RJJ?!?! thats just laughable...

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
              Manny had said that Tommy Hearns would have easily knocked out and hurt Floyd, he would have a much tougher time against Roy but Manny's theory is that at even 168 Tommy still counters any 'naturally gifted boxers' and Roy was a naturally gifted super boxer.

On a side note it is very obvious Manny Steward loved Tommy the most out of all his fighters. By far.

Any subject having to do with Tommy he just lights up and talk on and on about how great Tommy was and how he coulda beaten almost anyone.

I think for Manny

it is

Tommy Hearns- the true love

Lennox Lewis- the wife

Wladimir Klithscko - the 2nd wife after true love and wife died from cancer.
              To put it simple Hearns had the same advantages over Leonard that he would have over Floyd except Floyd is harder to hit even with his good jab that was extremely long. What I dont think people realize is floyd never has problems with taller fighter with supposedly great jab but he usually struggles against smaller fighters. Oscar was the closest to giving Floyd trouble with his height, reach and Jab but no stamina in the late rounds against Mayweather spells doom. Like Hearns and lets not forget Hearns had a suspect chin. Roy is and was faster than Hagler and hearns couldnt avoid a left hook to save his life. Good night Hearns and that Chandelere of a chin will be exposed again.

Comment

Floyd would have to run and box beautifully for 12 rounds because Hearns would be coming and coming hard at him.

RJJ would be interesting because he's bigger but I don't think he can take Hearns' shots

Comment

Hearns is a bigger underdog against Jones than Floyd is against Hearns. And I don't see Floyd getting knocked out. I really think that's unlikely.

Comment

The Hitman!

Hearns would be all wrong for Floyd, too long, great jab, the right hand behind it was devastating. He was extremely underrated in terms of skills. A fight against Roy could go either way, I'll say this, it wouldn't go the distance. I think at 160 Hearns outboxes Roy probably ices him too. Who did Roy ever beat that even came close to having the ability Hearns did? His was a bit chinny at times and that wasn't such a good thing to be against Roy in his prime. If I was a betting man my money would be on the Motor City Cobra.

Comment

Roy probably would have knocked Hearns out. He wasn't at his prime at Roy's prime weights. The fight with Floyd would be really interesting. Floyd would have real problems countering the long Hearns jab. I don't think it's any guarantee he gets KO'ed, but it's possible. It's also possible that he outboxes Hearns and wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X