No announcement yet.

Allen Iverson Has No Answer For Financial Woes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Allen Iverson Has No Answer For Financial Woes

Allen Iverson has reportedly gone from 11-time NBA all-star to financial deadbeat. The Philadelphia 76ers icon was recently ordered to pay over $860,000 to a jeweler, and he couldn't cut a check.

A Georgia judge has ordered the seizing of Iverson's bank account, so the relatively little money he has left will be garnished, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.

This isn't just another formerly famous athlete blowing a ton of cash. Iverson was among the biggest superstars in the NBA, earning more than $154 million during a professional career that began back in 1996. (This doesn't include endorsement money and other business deals.)

How did Iverson lose so much?

Loyal to his friends from a youth spent in Virginia, Iverson traveled with one of the biggest posses in professional sports. Bill Lyon of the Philadelphia Inquirer says the group has as many as 50 people for some Sixers home games. "A.I." took a hair stylist on the road with him and also loved to buy jewelry for himself and his beloved mother, Ann Iverson.

Iverson felt he owed his childhood friends from the old neighborhood because "They made me." The feeling was, without them protecting him from the mean streets, he would have never made it to the NBA.

Apparently they also unmade him.

Despite rumored interest from the Lakers, Iverson is more likely to find playing time and (more importantly) cash outside the U.S. in a place like Puerto Rico.
    http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...financial-woes

Same old story. Just another dumb broke athlete. I understand about taking care of those who were with you from the very beginning, but when you blew off 154 million dollars like a stack of one dollar bills that you throw at strippers, then no one should feel pity for you.
    Last edited by Carpe Diem; 02-14-2012, 01:41 PM.

I read on the newspaper this week that he's trying to play basketball here in Puerto Rico... That's sad.

Comment

and another one!!!!!

Comment

It's sad to see stuff like this. Especially since he was good enough to take care of the people he grew up with. They probably took full advantage of his loyality and now he has nothing to show for it.

Comment

He'll be ok, he's being pursued by a couple teams in p.r. and venezuela. The lakers considered signing him also...

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...igning_Iverson

he's still alot better of a ball player than alot of bench players in the nba but none of the nba teams want anything to do with his "off the court" issues.

Comment

I dont feel bad for him. These dumbo nooblets spend millions on chains and stupid stuff. Thats what they get for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
              I dont feel bad for him. These dumbo nooblets spend millions on chains and stupid stuff. Thats what they get for being stupid.
              and hairstylist, I cut my own hair.

Comment

So I guess I'm not gonna get back that 20 I loaned him a couple weeks ago

Comment

dumb with his money or not I'll always be a fan of Iverson.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    dumb with his money or not I'll always be a fan of Iverson.
                    yea he was my fav player to watch bitd... and idk why some of these people find his situation funny

Comment

Working...
                    X