Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER-MOSLEY Second Round....What REALLY Happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    A younger Shane would have fought a younger Floyd. Younger Floyd was more offensive and would have whooped Mosley worse than what happened in May.
    No.

Floyd's defense is at it's absolute best right now.

A younger Floyd, who was more offensive, more than likely would have got caught more by Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      These has been my view since the fight happened.

1. Floyd didn't adjust properly until the 8th or 9th round. Problem was that Mosley isn't that cerebral of a fighter. While Floyd made an adjustment, He was still open, but Shane just isn't that smart of a fighter to capitalize on it.

2. Mosley didn't gas as most on this site claim. He couldn't get off and over the course of the fight he gave up mentally. If Shane can't do what he likes and is forced to switch up his game plan, he gets frustrated and folds mentally.

3. Mosley isn't shot, past prime definately, but not shot. Same with Margarito, Cotto, and others. I just see it as both Floyd and Manny being on a different level and just making these guys look worse than what they really are. It's the Roy Jones effect in which a fighter is so much better than everyone in his division that he makes his opponents look bad as fighter.

You give Shane a guy who will allow him to get into exchanges and get off on his opponents...........and watch Shane put on another Margarito performance.

Give him a guy who he can't get off on or have to chance and he looks like a shot old man.
      But it isn't just a matter of being able to get off, IMHO.

Shane had problems with Vargas and Mayorga and Cotto for a reason.

If you have a bit of boxing ability, the guts to stand in front of him, and enough timing/handspeed to counter, then you are a problem for Shane.

Pac, btw, has all three of those qualities.

Unlike most people, i think JMM at 144 would give a 147 Shane a lot of difficulty. Yes, JMM.

Comment

just look at round 9 for the adjustment floyd made--when shane threw that 1-2 punch at floyd again and floyd rolled his shoulder and countered shane with his right hand-

that alone tells us how he adapts to any fighter--and fast--shane stood up too straight--he didn't feint almost at all--his lateral movement was taken away by floyd who took his distance away--which is how you stop lateral movement--

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
          No.

Floyd's defense is at it's absolute best right now.

A younger Floyd, who was more offensive, more than likely would have got caught more by Shane.
          All that offense from a younger Floyd would have put an INJURY on Moslye!

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
            just look at round 9 for the adjustment floyd made--when shane threw that 1-2 punch at floyd again and floyd rolled his shoulder and countered shane with his right hand-

that alone tells us how he adapts to any fighter--and fast--shane stood up too straight--he didn't feint almost at all--his lateral movement was taken away by floyd who took his distance away--which is how you stop lateral movement--

There you go. I made those myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
              But it isn't just a matter of being able to get off, IMHO.

Shane had problems with Vargas and Mayorga and Cotto for a reason.

If you have a bit of boxing ability, the guts to stand in front of him, and enough timing/handspeed to counter, then you are a problem for Shane.

Pac, btw, has all three of those qualities.

Unlike most people, i think JMM at 144 would give a 147 Shane a lot of difficulty. Yes, JMM.
              i agree with jmm being a problem for shane and he would give manny all he could handle and more--

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post

What got interesting late in the fight was that Floyd started hitting Shane with the SAME left bodyjab-overhand right that Shane landed in the second round.

Shane's own strategy was being used against him, and he couldn't stop it. That **** is mentally debilitating.

Comment

Why do people keep talking about that round as if it was one of the greatest moment in Boxing history?
                  Last edited by Carpe Diem; 01-15-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                    What do people keep talking about that round as if it was one of the greatest moment in Boxing history?
                    it was for all the *******s on this forum

Comment

To be clear, though, you don't need to be able to adjust like Floyd to be a great fighter. Leonard was not a very good adjuster. Pacquiao is not a very good adjuster. And they are great fighters.

Some people say that Leonard adjusted, and i don't agree. He just happened to have a lot of tools in his toolbox and he can 'try different things". i don't call that the same as making technical adjustments.

Comment

Working...
                      X