Clear All

• Pac-Mayweather ATG status?

as we all know great fighters are defined by great fights

SRR-lamotta
    ali - frazier
    duran-SRL
    hearns-hagler
    holmes-norton

Regardless of result how will pac-pbf effect the atg rankings in ur opinions?

and i dont want u *******s and *****s gay ass biased opionions

In my opinion the winner of the fight has an edge in ATG rankings against the lose, but it really depends what each accomplishes after the fight
    pacquiao has been saying hes going to retire and maybe he retires with a loss and mayweather can go on and defeat mosley or berto

Comment

mayweather will never have a great fight there is no fighter out there that will bring the best out of him that is why he toys with every single opponent

Comment

depends entirely on the results of the fight, obviously.

I mean if Mayweather got KO'd in 5 rounds for example that might knock him down quite a few spots on the ATG list.

But I think mayweathers legacy would take a hit a lot harder than pacquiao's if he lost. If pacquiao loses a semi-close 12 round decision for example, no big deal - the guy moved up so many weight classes and floyd was just too big too strong. So in other words - mayweather has much more to lose than pac.

Regardless, I hope we see a very exciting fight that would warrant a highly anticipated rematch. It would be great to have a trilogy between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by PBFP4PBEST View Post
          mayweather will never have a great fight there is no fighter out there that will bring the best out of him that is why he toys with every single opponent
          just like mayweather-castillo?

Comment

I don't like Pac but if he wins I don't think there would be an argument that would say he's not a top 20 ATG.

If Mayweather wins it will be the best win of his career and it should give him just as much credit. There are no excuses in this fight both are prime.

Comment

If Pacquiao wins decisively he's top ten all time and Mayweather's top 50. If Mayweather wins decisively he's top fifteen-twenty all time and Pacquiao's still top thirty. I think both men can do themselves a lot of good winning this fight and if Manny wins I think that's the last fight of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayRob View Post
                just like mayweather-castillo?
                considering that he was fighting with just 1 shoulder against the best lightweight yes

a lesser fighter would of postponed that fight

Comment

Working...
                X