No announcement yet.

Bodybuilding to Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodybuilding to Boxing

Has anyone done this? I am, i've wanted to for ages but i was so hooked into bodybuilding i've been putting it off again and again (When i say hooked, i don't think i missed a workout/meal in 8months and it was really unhealthy.

However 2 weeks ago i fell ill, haven't worked out since and frankly don't give a ****! When i first fell ill i was really worried about losing size etc. but i really don't care anymore and tommorow i take my first steps to becoming a boxer, i am going with my friend (who has been trying to get me to go for ages) i am so excited and feel i have wasted a year of my life bodybuilding but i'm SO pleased to have gotten out of it, feel like a new person.

Anyways, like i said i'm starting boxing tommorow. What do i need to know? What will i likely to be asked to do on the first day? My cardio is awful, really awful but i'm working on that.

Also what sort of stuff will i need, i can borrow stuff of my friend for a few lessons but i'd like to use my own gear. Anyone else gone from bbing to boxing?

Originally posted by Wood23ard View Post
    Has anyone done this? I am, i've wanted to for ages but i was so hooked into bodybuilding i've been putting it off again and again (When i say hooked, i don't think i missed a workout/meal in 8months and it was really unhealthy.

However 2 weeks ago i fell ill, haven't worked out since and frankly don't give a ****! When i first fell ill i was really worried about losing size etc. but i really don't care anymore and tommorow i take my first steps to becoming a boxer, i am going with my friend (who has been trying to get me to go for ages) i am so excited and feel i have wasted a year of my life bodybuilding but i'm SO pleased to have gotten out of it, feel like a new person.

Anyways, like i said i'm starting boxing tommorow. What do i need to know? What will i likely to be asked to do on the first day? My cardio is awful, really awful but i'm working on that.

Also what sort of stuff will i need, i can borrow stuff of my friend for a few lessons but i'd like to use my own gear. Anyone else gone from bbing to boxing?
    You will have to lose approximately 50% of your body weight and right now you won't be able to last after at most 3 punches thrown.

Start running and lose weight. Do NOT weight life no boxers lift weights.

Good luck son.

Comment

I was sort of in your shoes at one point. I had boxed for 3 years prior to leaving for college, and when I left, there was no gym in the city I was attending school.. so I started lifting to fill that void. My body reacted to the previous 3 years of trying to make weight and I blew up, gaining almost 40lbs in 6 months. (I was fighting at 125lbs before college, eventually hit 160lbs on a bulk). I left that college and came back home to attend another one and decided to get back into boxing because I had missed it so much.. and the cut began. I dropped from 160 to 142lbs in 2-3 months and holllllly motha ****a you can see where the lifting came into play. I was bigger than I ever was hahaha.. but yeah, to answer your question, you are going to probably look way bigger than most people there (considering they are trying to make weight) but don't let that fool you. Punching prowess is technique, not physical appearance. Your cardio is most likely going to suck A LOT since I'm assuming you did virtually none while lifting, but it will come with time. Expect to lose almost all water weight within the first month but unless you're trying to compete in a lower weight class, don't expect to lose a lot of muscle right off the bat. Keep your calorie intake at a moderate level and make sure you eat to feel right. Good luck, stay humble, and follow what your coach has to say. :] Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 :) View Post
        You will have to lose approximately 50% of your body weight and right now you won't be able to last after at most 3 punches thrown.

Good luck son.
        And, just for the record, this guy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about, so disregard what he has to say.

Seriously.

Comment

Good luck son.
          u dont even know what he weighs or how big he is?

how can u say you have to lose all your weight?

so if hes 180lbs, and he has to get down to 90lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
            I was sort of in your shoes at one point. I had boxed for 3 years prior to leaving for college, and when I left, there was no gym in the city I was attending school.. so I started lifting to fill that void. My body reacted to the previous 3 years of trying to make weight and I blew up, gaining almost 40lbs in 6 months. (I was fighting at 125lbs before college, eventually hit 160lbs on a bulk). I left that college and came back home to attend another one and decided to get back into boxing because I had missed it so much.. and the cut began. I dropped from 160 to 142lbs in 2-3 months and holllllly motha ****a you can see where the lifting came into play. I was bigger than I ever was hahaha.. but yeah, to answer your question, you are going to probably look way bigger than most people there (considering they are trying to make weight) but don't let that fool you. Punching prowess is technique, not physical appearance. Your cardio is most likely going to suck A LOT since I'm assuming you did virtually none while lifting, but it will come with time. Expect to lose almost all water weight within the first month but unless you're trying to compete in a lower weight class, don't expect to lose a lot of muscle right off the bat. Keep your calorie intake at a moderate level and make sure you eat to feel right. Good luck, stay humble, and follow what your coach has to say. :] Good luck
            Cheers man, i'm not that big really...probaly about 15stone but i reckon i would like to box around 155 maybe? It depends how my body reacts, i may have got naturally bigger during the last year aswell as putting on muscle.

And yea i realise power doesn't come from big arms, gonna have to work on that. It's so weird, i've spent the last year trying to hard to put on muscle and now for the last few days i've been doing everything possible to get rid of it lmao.

What should i expect to do in first lesson?e

Good luck son.
            What are you on about, do you box?

and loads of boxers lift weights, we had the local ABA boxing club use our gym. while i certainly won't be doing bodybuilding lifts i will probaly carry on doing lift squats/deads/chin ups

and since when has anyone lost 50% of there bodyweight ffs, that would mea i'd be boxing around 7stone lmao

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

reeds i may be mistaken but quite possibly are you saying p4p doesn't know WTF he's talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
                And, just for the record, this guy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about, so disregard what he has to say.

Seriously.
                Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

Cheers man, i'm not that big really...probaly about 15stone but i reckon i would like to box around 155 maybe? It depends how my body reacts, i may have got naturally bigger during the last year aswell as putting on muscle.

And yea i realise power doesn't come from big arms, gonna have to work on that. It's so weird, i've spent the last year trying to hard to put on muscle and now for the last few days i've been doing everything possible to get rid of it lmao.

What should i expect to do in first lesson?e

What are you on about, do you box?

and loads of boxers lift weights, we had the local ABA boxing club use our gym. while i certainly won't be doing bodybuilding lifts i will probaly carry on doing lift squats/deads/chin ups

and since when has anyone lost 50% of there bodyweight ffs, that would mea i'd be boxing around 7stone lmao
                I was joking damn. It was a bit of bait. Ya'll take this all to seriously.

Threadstarter, will need to lose weight and size. It will not help him. He needs to lay off them 'bulky foods' and start running.

Ya'll niggas got it twisted.

Comment

I was joking damn. It was a bit of bait. Ya'll take this all to seriously.

Threadstarter, will need to lose weight and size. It will not help him. He needs to lay off them 'bulky foods' and start running.

Ya'll niggas got it twisted.
                  DONT YOU EVER..... EVER... call me ****** again....

You're white... look at the type of **** you say.

Comment

start running and stop lifting weights cuz that can **** you.....your muscles need to be loose so start at losing weight first

Comment

Working...
                    X