No announcement yet.

After 20 Title Defenses...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 20 Title Defenses...

Why has Calzaghe only faced one other champion?

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    LMAO, about 1minute after i bring back that thread, this one comes up.

Comment

You mean champions holding the title when he fought them?Because I know he took his title that he still has from Eubank and Lacy held the IBF SMW title when they fought.....so that would make 2 Champions......but either way thats still pathetic in a fighters last 20 fights.

Comment

Reid and Mitchell were former champs. Im not that familiar with his resume. Im sure he faught others.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
          You mean champions holding the title when he fought them?Because I know he took his title that he still has from Eubank and Lacy held the IBF SMW title when they fought.....so that would make 2 Champions......but either way thats still pathetic in a fighters last 20 fights.
          I'm talking about unification. He beat Eubank for a vacant title, so only Lacy had a belt. That is pathetic...

Comment

He's fought 6 former world champions.

Comment

I'm talking about unification. He beat Eubank for a vacant title, so only Lacy had a belt. That is pathetic...
              so are his opponents since Lacy.....He should have broken out and already had 2 or 3 huge fights under his belt after he demolished my man Lacy and got worldwide acclaim.He lost millions and credibility by not taking advantage.....although he still may have some really big fights in the near future he has lost out overall....poor career management......unless you wanted to be padded and sheltered.No doubt the guy can fight with the best of em but he chooses not to more often than not.

Comment

Well Ottke had the IBF and WBA titles, and you really think Joe would have gone to Germany to risk getting robbed?

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                  Well Ottke had the IBF and WBA titles, and you really think Joe would have gone to Germany to risk getting robbed?
                  A true champion would takes his chances. That's what Lacy did and Taylor could end up going to Wales too...

Comment

Ottke and Beyer turned offers down.

Comment

Working...
                    X