Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
    roach talks too much for a trainer
    they all talk a lot.

people just notice roach more because they're always writing about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Low_ki View Post
      parkinson's needs to hurry up and finish off cockroach for good.
      Hahaha quote of the yr

Comment

i made the mistake of not trusting the dude. i thought that boxing **** was a set up.

Comment

Roach was just being truthful, Cotto didn't look any different in his last fight and would get destroyed worse a second time.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
            It seems Freddie Roach has created a new feud, this time instead of having the Mayweather family at his neck, he has legendary trainer Emanuel Steward coming at him.

In an article by Fight Chronicles Manny Pacquiao’s trainer, Freddie Roach, made arrogant comments that rubbed the usually calm Steward the wrong way. Roach was asked if he would take a Miguel Cotto rematch now that he has a new trainer in Emanuel Steward and Roach confidently stated that having Steward in Cotto’s corner wouldn’t “make a damn bit of difference” in a rematch and Roach further said, “I would take another Cotto fight even with Steward in his corner in a heartbeat because it was that easy.”

It seems the fame and praise Freddie Roach has received since being featured on HBO 24/7 and having Manny Pacquiao as his star pupil, has gone to the once quiet and respectful trainers head.

Steward also laughed at Roach’s statement defending the choice of controversial boxer Antonio Margarito as Manny Pacquiao’s next opponent, saying “he [Margarito] has to feed his family and make a living”

“Come on that’s a joke,” says Emanuel Steward on Roach’s reasoning, “he’s just saying whatever Bob Arum [chief of Top Rank Boxing] wants him to say.”

“He needs to be a trainer. Lately he’s [Freddie Roach] been saying things [out of character] that don’t sound like him; now its just like he thinks of the big paydays.” Steward told Fight Chronicles.

Steward believes Roach has lost his way as a boxing trainer and is acting more like a promoter or hype man. Steward believes that Roach is only in it for the big paydays now and not what is ethically fair and right.

“People need to remember when they are trainers. I know I do. He needs to think about the fights and what is fair and right and stop chasing paydays because now he’s (just) following through with what he is being told to say.”

http://www.nowboxing.com/2010/08/ema...e-roach/12657/
            Welcome to boxing...gimme a break like anyone in boxing thinks of what is fair and right?! It all about the money and protecting records.

Comment

Working...
            X