Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather moved up from 106lbs. also.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMM_135_#1 View Post
    and pac lost 3.... whats your point, fights at amatuer have very little relevance at profesional level, it can help to have good amatuer experience... but not that big an advantage
    And, my point is that Pac wasn't ready for the pro's without the amateur experience by the age of 16. Just like Floyd was not ready by the age of 18.

Look at the majority of fighters who have a pedigree of amateur experience to the ones who don't. And, then tell me that is still not a big advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      And, my point is that Pac wasn't ready for the pro's without the amateur experience by the age of 16. Just like Floyd was not ready by the age of 18.

Look at the majority of fighters who have a pedigree of amateur experience to the ones who don't. And, then tell me that is still not a big advantage.
      B-hop doesnt have very much amatuer experience, not as an adult at least.... look how many olympic medalists we never hear of again

pac wouldnt have done very well in the amatuers, because he was all about just the left hand and power, no real boxing, the pros suited him better

Comment

all this what they weighed, what could they weight now etc doesnt matter. manny paquiao is the welter weight champ if he want to hold/ defend that title he should fight at that weight and so should any of his opponents

Comment

Whoa. Piggu makin a Mr boat buyer thread? That ain't against the Untouchables code?

Comment

B-hop doesnt have very much amatuer experience, not as an adult at least.... look how many olympic medalists we never hear of again

pac wouldnt have done very well in the amatuers, because he was all about just the left hand and power, no real boxing, the pros suited him better
            But, that is why it took years for B-Hop to develop. Hopkins didn't put it all together until 1998-99. That was the time when B-Hop perfected his craft.

But, if Pac had amateur experience who knows maybe he would develop his skills more. He could of work out his flaws as amateur. Again that is why it took Pac as Hopkins years to develop into a more well rounded fighter.

International experience is a big advantage over somebody who don't have it.

Comment

you said that pac is kicking guys asses in bigger weightclasses, oscar was draining ... it wasnt oscars division more so than it wasnt pacs

id say 140 is pacs natural kind of weight, so i have nothing to say on the hatton fight

what does floyd normally weigh in on fight night

only like 150 -152, he lost weight after the DLH weigh in

pac walks in to the ring at 148-150 lb , they are similar enough in size
              Mayweather walked in around 160 for Marquez.. so don't give me that.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon View Post
                Mayweather walked in around 160 for Marquez.. so don't give me that.
                oh so you asked for a link , and then decided that wasnt proof enough so jumped back to your own opinion ... go away

im not a floyd fan or a pac fan, my favourite fighter at the min is cotto, im just not blinded by your hatred for one fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
                  He fought at 106lbs. in 1993, moved up to 112lbs. in 1994, 125lbs. in 1996 and so on.

Yeah.. he was an amateur when he competed in those divisions, but the point is, he was the same age as Pacquiao when Pacquiao was fighting pro-fights in those divisions.

Because of the way things are done in the Phillipines (and with the proverty), however, Pac left the amateurs alot earlier.

We should also note how as you get older, your body grows.

People make it seem like Pacquiao is this blown up flyweight slaying these giants, not true.

I don't think Pac can even make 130lbs. anymore (I know for a fact that Floyd can't).

No 30 year-old is gonna weigh the same as he did when he was 16 or 17.

So while I agree that Pacquiao is a smaller man who is looking impressive with his power and abilities fighting guys much bigger than him, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that he could be fighting guys at the division he came from but he chooses to fight the bigger ones.

**** just ain't true.

Comment

Working...
                  X