Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Return Very Possible For Canelo-Golovkin PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Return Very Possible For Canelo-Golovkin PPV

Making his debut at the welterweight limit, Lucas Matthysse made an emphatic return to the sport of boxing by stopping the previously sturdy Emanuel Taylor in five rounds at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The fight was part of the Saul Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. pay-per-view undercard.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm sold on Mathysse. I wouldn't mind seeing Mathysee become a regular staple on future Canelo undercards. His style is pleasing. In fact, Him and Lemieux should be a staple on future Canelo undercards. This way, all Canelo undercards will get guaranteed knockouts and pleased fans.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyg6 View Post
      I'm sold on Mathysse. I wouldn't mind seeing Mathysee become a regular staple on future Canelo undercards. His style is pleasing. In fact, Him and Lemieux should be a staple on future Canelo undercards. This way, all Canelo undercards will get guaranteed knockouts and pleased fans.
      Lemiuex couldn't get his guy outta there last time. Otherwise, I agree. You always get your money's worth with La Maquina.

Comment

Matthysse is a big action fighter, and Lemiuex is as well. Hopefully they get paired against better opponents. Golden Boy Cards and especially undercrards have not been great.

Comment

Against Orosco? Ponomarev? Vargas? Against Broner would be a headliner i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            Lemiuex couldn't get his guy outta there last time. Otherwise, I agree. You always get your money's worth with La Maquina.
            The guy Lemieux fought had a real iron chin and nothing else but DAMN he took some punishment. He cant even spell his name now because of the brain damage.

Comment

GBP is beginning to resurrect from the dead, which started with devastating loses; Lemieux getting dismantled in a humiliating fashion, Matthysse almost got retired from a serious eye injury resulting from the Postol fight, Sadam Ali losing his title to Vargas, etc.

Sadam Ali vs Matthysse is an easy fight to make, but I doubt Oscar/Bernard would do it. They probably would rather get a non GBP fighter for their guys. Matthysse is an established guy and he should have no problem getting fights from the Haymon stable. Broner, Garcia, Peterson, Porter, Berto, etc.

Comment

Lemuiex Vs. Lee would be a cool addition to the undercard.
                (Lee was on the Jacobs/GEE card)

Comment

we'll probably get matthysse vs mauricio herrera

Comment

Throw Matthysse in there with Frankie Gomez, **** it, it's sink or swim time for that boy. If he wins, a new star is born, undefeated, Mexican, very talented etc. If not, Matthysse gets another solid win on the resume and GBP can milk him some more. It's a win-win for GBP, Gomez has a lot of potential but zero discipline, he needs to be kept active and motivated.

Comment

Working...
                    X