Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did the running joke "doe" originate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
    lol naw their 2 different people lol alot of people thought they were the same.
    To me it was the style of talking, same bias, and the signatures and avatars were so well done. Almost like the same guy, but I hear ya.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
      To me it was the style of talking, same bias, and the signatures and avatars were so well done. Almost like the same guy, but I hear ya.
      lol yeah, they both from LA so i dont doubt they even talk the same lol and I think maniac made teh gifs etc for them.

Comment

Lol as someone who has seldom been on this forum the past year or two..

HE YOUNG DOE

Comment

That's slang, now I don't know when it started on this forum but it is older than probably most people that post here. It don't signify a persons intelligence or lack of. It's no worse than saying dude which is a slang it's self. So anybody on here that's trying to hate because of a slang word can fold that bs up and sit on it. Really doe.

Comment

He young doe

Comment

Let me enlighten the want to be racists on here about the term "doe"

Bronner actually had a rap album and one of the songs was called "he live doe" he sang it when he was about to get on canvas before a fight.

EVERYONE copies black slang and life style. Its like the saying goes " everybody wanna be black but nobody wanna be black"

Just think of everything you think is cool and you will come to my same conclusion. Rambo out!

PS: my fav black slang is "bling" I don't know why

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
                lol yeah, they both from LA so i dont doubt they even talk the same lol and I think maniac made teh gifs etc for them.
                Yeah, makes sense now.

Comment

Its the same thing as "slick brotha" lol. I remember a while back someone said it in a thread and it basically became a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    It's actually called African American Vernacular English (AAVE) Only culture vultures call it ebonics
                    Maybe. But never met a Black man that preferred to be called African American. It's Black. With a big B. Thus I prefer to call it Black vernacular English. But to that I take offense as all tha Blacks I know don't speak like that.

I prefer to call it urban vernacular were people have Terrible educational access. Tragically it's predominantly Black (and Latino).

Here on NSB it's used as in the streets doe = though but in a facetiously (joking or more probably sacastically.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Maybe. But never met a Black man that preferred to be called African American. It's Black. With a big B. Thus I prefer to call it Black vernacular English. But to that I take offense as all tha Blacks I know don't speak like that.

I prefer to call it urban vernacular were people have Terrible educational access. Tragically it's predominantly Black (and Latino).

Here on NSB it's used as in the streets doe = though but in a facetiously (joking or more probably sacastically.
                      We don't care what you prefer to call it. You aren't African American. Your opinion on us means nothing. You're irrelevant

Comment

Working...
                      X