No announcement yet.

Any news on Rigo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    if he drew he'd have no problem getting on TV. prove to me that he draws, then i'll accept that arum's just out to get him .
    His viewership on HBO actually wasn't bad, when compared to allegedly more popular HBO fighters. That doesn't mesh with the hate propaganda coming from Rigondeaux detractors though

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
      lol. someone we know was fuming alongside harold lederman's critique of Rigo's perf vs Francisco.
      I'm a big Rigondeaux supporter, but I also acknowledge he stunk that **** up against Francisco. In his defense, he shouldn't have taken the fight on 10 days notice while not in fighting shape. People often cite the Agbeko fight as a stinker as well, but Rigs actually threw punches in that one. Agbeko just pulled a Clottey. I'm not sure how Rig's gets criticized for that fight being a stinker, when Pacquiao didn't get criticized for the same thing when he fought Clottey. It's a double standard, some people just put in the extra effort to criticize fighters of darker complexion. Half the criticism of Rigondeaux aren't even true either. Like that crook Arum criticizing Rigondeaux for giving Donaire the pumpking face. His left hand was magnetically attracted to Donaire's face all night. It wasn't Rigondeaux's fault that Donaire couldn't hit him. Rigs didn't run, he was in front of Donaire most of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
        His viewership on HBO actually wasn't bad, when compared to allegedly more popular HBO fighters. That doesn't mesh with the hate propaganda coming from Rigondeaux detractors though
        and blatant efforts of leading to failure. still don't get Rigo headlining vs Agbeko on a card which most were there to Tapia, Kirkland. Seemed scripted and perfect material for fat Dan and Iole, and all those who followed.

Comment

I'm a big Rigondeaux supporter, but I also acknowledge he stunk that **** up against Francisco. In his defense, he shouldn't have taken the fight on 10 days notice while not in fighting shape. People often cite the Agbeko fight as a stinker as well, but Rigs actually threw punches in that one. Agbeko just pulled a Clottey. I'm not sure how Rig's gets criticized for that fight being a stinker, when Pacquiao didn't get criticized for the same thing when he fought Clottey. It's a double standard, some people just put in the extra effort to criticize fighters of darker complexion. Half the criticism of Rigondeaux aren't even true either. Like that crook Arum criticizing Rigondeaux for giving Donaire the pumpking face. His left hand was magnetically attracted to Donaire's face all night. It wasn't Rigondeaux's fault that Donaire couldn't hit him. Rigs didn't run, he was in front of Donaire most of the night.
          agreed. smh

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            Breaking News: Rigo is still boring af and still can't draw flies to ****.

There's your news.

Comment

everyone saying bob and top rank was holding rigo back. well, where is rigo now? i mean he's not with bob and top rank anymore right?

Comment

Originally posted by new england View Post
                rigondeaux is flat out too boring to stay on mainstream tv

with all of that skill and power he should knock people out. Instead he just toys with them and scores points, because that's what you do in the amateurs.

Rigondeaux was a victim of the cuban amateur system and communism. If he turned pro in his early 20's he could have been salvaged.

You can't expect networks or venues to want a fighter who literally makes people turn of the tv or leave the building. That's what he does.
                hes broken a jaw and an eye socket in some of his latest fights??????????? Had a stinker against a guy who wouldnt engage and one where he took the fight on 2 weeks notice. Not sure where this boring label comes from

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  This kid damit305 is getting hella exposed here. Should had stayed hidden you troll.

btw, did my missing streak go past yours post Matthysse, Garcia? Brother, you were on milk cartons!

Comment

uhmmmmm, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      uhmmmmm, huh?

"Rigo, boring, Rigo, boring, Rigo bad, Rigo bad" It must be true then

Comment

Working...
                      X