No announcement yet.

Canelo - An example to ALL boxers - giving the bird to the WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    Canelo refuses to fight for the WBA 'regular' belt because he doesn't want the fight to happen at 154 (Canelo-Lara will be fought at 155).

He fought for the same 'regular' belt against Trout in what was officially a unification fight, even though Floyd was already the "real" WBA champion. What made him change his mind?

I think it's a good thing, because those 'regular' and interim titles are bull****, but let's not act like the WBA having two champs is the real reason why Canelo refuses to fight for the belt. It's just convenient for him.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This right here is the real reason! Where are all the haters of catch weights at?!?!?!? Ginger is coming for the "CatchWeightKing" throne!

As a side note, i wish more boxers actually gave the finger to all the belts('bc, 'ba, 'bf & 'bo) and just fought for the ring title! it would make more sense tbh

Comment

Canelo can't make 154 that's why he doesn't want this to be for the title.

I bet all my points that Canelo will come in at 155

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        This right here is the real reason! Where are all the haters of catch weights at?!?!?!? Ginger is coming for the "CatchWeightKing" throne!

As a side note, i wish more boxers actually gave the finger to all the belts('bc, 'ba, 'bf & 'bo) and just fought for the ring title! it would make more sense tbh
        Does it really matter to yall guys that its at 155?It shouldint affect
        either guys.I dont get why yall still bltching?Its not for a title.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          Glad you said that. Hopefully Lara comes in at 155 as well.

Saul "CW King" Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            only people actin like b@tches are the ones hating on catch weights.....i have no issue with em(as long as they both make the weight agreed to) as theyve been around for years! Fact is, i hate the 4 belt organizations as theyre nothing but extorters who cant seem to follow their own rules!

as for this fight, on paper its a damn good one, but not for ppv imo. ive been thinking lara would beat ginger for a long time now, BUT up until ginger/angulo, im now leaning towards the pelirojo. if he comes out fast and strong like he did vs perro, i think he drops and stops lara.

Comment

Canelo is a true MW, fighting @LMW

Boxing needs to start same-day weigh-ins to avoid guys having huge weight advantages. This the reason for not fighting for the legitimate LMW belt.

Its not rocket-science guys!

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                Canelo is a true MW, fighting @LMW

Boxing needs to start same-day weigh-ins to avoid guys having huge weight advantages. This the reason for not fighting for the legitimate LMW belt.

Its not rocket-science guys!
                Each guy would just move up a division or two. You'll have featherweights fighting at lightweight ,lightweights fighting at welterweight, welterweights fighting at middleweight, and so on. There's a few exceptions obviously .

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
                  Deciding not to pay the WBA sanction fee to make the Lara fight a 'world title fight' because he recognises Mayweather as the legit WBA champion.

I fully endorse that, great work, Canelo.

Scott Quigg - take note. You're NOT a world champion, Rigo is.

This applies to any other fighters.

I hope more take Canelo's stance and refuse to line the pockets of these vile corrupt cnuts.
                  yeah respect all this gov bodies has killed the world championship standard!scumbags1!!

Comment

Working...
                  X