Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Won't Pay Rights Fees Until Events Resume; To Furlough Employees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word is Dazn monthly subs have mostly all cancelled. They are screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
      Word is Dazn monthly subs have mostly all cancelled. They are screwed
      And the yearly subs are still on the hook for the months without boxing. They can cancel but aren't getting that $8.33 a month back that's remaining

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
        More like lawyers are gonna stfu because they will look like fools suing a company because they aren't paying for non work.
        force majeure (act of God)

Coronavirus was an act of China.

Comment

The difference between Netflix and the “Netflix of sports” is that Netflix is thriving right now because it doesn’t base its entire existence on live content. Netflix, FOX, Showtime, even ESPN will all be fine during band after this......

Comment

DAZN needs to do the right thing and get out from under the albatross that is the Canelo contract. Now is the perfect time. It was a mistake, he didn't generate a lot of subscriptions, and he acted like a diva.

Comment

DAZN will be fine. You guys want to jinx your own agendas and parade for PBC only world. NBC sports relies on the Tokyo Olympics. Means no boxing. DAZN still plans to go global in next months. With many sports fans worldwide not knowing where to turn because of sports halts and the Olympics off, I'm pretty sure DAZN willl be coming in handy in these times.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                DAZN will be fine. You guys want to jinx your own agendas and parade for PBC only world. NBC sports relies on the Tokyo Olympics. Means no boxing. DAZN still plans to go global in next months. With many sports fans worldwide not knowing where to turn because of sports halts and the Olympics off, I'm pretty sure DAZN willl be coming in handy in these times.
                Dazn is cash poor and still begging Silicone Valley for money. Bankruptcy is coming

Comment

Why pay when we don’t know how long it will be before $15-20k or more can fill up an arena? Could be August. Could be until next year.
                  Even when this is over a lot of people will have reservations about attending live sports and the economic impact will be felt for some time with so many people out of work.
                  NFL and NBA teams generally own their arena so that’s an apple to oranges comparison to a sport like boxing that operates event to event. Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    DAZN fights that should be on PPV are $20 a month. I’m cool with that. I used to pay $80 PPV and like $20 a month for HBO. I’m still saving close to $150 a year with DAZN
                    What DAZN fight would have been a PPV fight? The only 2 would have been Canelo/ Jacobs and Canelo/Kovalev. DAZN only has 1 PPV fighter.

Comment

They own NFL rights in a couple of territories. So they're telling the NFL if their season is delayed they won't pay them. Now imagine going to the NFL and wanting rights in America. Or any major sports rights in America. It hasn't even been a month. Being the first to do it makes them look like they can't handle the big sports here in America. Not a good look

Comment

Working...
                      X