Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the current Canelo who fought GGG beat the current Mayweather who fought Connor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the current Canelo who fought GGG beat the current Mayweather who fought Connor?

I was talking to a buddy the other day and he still thinks Mayweather, even right now, can still beat Canelo.

What do you guys think?
    Canelo
    67.74%
    Mayweather
    32.26%

Floyd is done..... every dog has his day

Comment

Of course. Canelo is in his prime now and Mayweather looked awful in the MacGregs fight. Pushing his punches, getting his footwork tangled up. Getting hit far more than he used to. Mayweather is in his 40's and has been out of the game. People who think he's capable of beating Canelo today are fanboys who can't come to terms w/ the truth.

A better argument is whether the May who fought Berto could handle today's Canelo at 154. That's really up for debate.

Regardless, the best May beats the best Canelo. Even the not-quite-best May beats the best Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        /thread

Comment

floyds day was pretty sh-tty. fighting guys like baldomir and sharmba mitchell when he was in his prime . canelo meanwhile fights guys like ggg in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Of course. Canelo is in his prime now and Mayweather looked awful in the MacGregs fight. Pushing his punches, getting his footwork tangled up. Getting hit far more than he used to. Mayweather is in his 40's and has been out of the game. People who think he's capable of beating Canelo today are fanboys who can't come to terms w/ the truth.

A better argument is whether the May who fought Berto could handle today's Canelo at 154. That's really up for debate.

Regardless, the best May beats the best Canelo. Even the not-quite-best May beats the best Canelo.
            what about at 152???

Comment

Floyd is the mf'n man but I can't see him beating any top welter except shawn porter. And that's ok because he's old af and gives up a lot of weight to face bigger opponents

Comment

It's very possible. However, Floyd didn't take Conor serious and he carried him the entire fight cause Mac was no threat. He'll take Canelo super serious like the first time. Floyd just knows how to work Canelos style over, and I don't think Canelo has improved THAT much.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  floyds day was pretty sh-tty. fighting guys like baldomir and sharmba mitchell when he was in his prime . canelo meanwhile fights guys like ggg in his prime.
                  But Floyd fought Canelo at 36, so your point doesnt really stand

Comment

But Floyd fought Canelo at 36, so your point doesnt really stand
                    you didn't understand my point....no surprise your level of comprehension is very low. i said prime floyd. who was prime floyd fighting??? guys like baldomir, sharmba, judah. yeah old floyd fought guys like old pac and drained canelo but he wasted his prime fighting crumbums then tried to make up for it by getting a bunch of names on his resume when he was old. unless you consider a drained 152 canelo some great win....informed fans can see through his bullsh-it resume. others....cannot.

i would understand old floyd fighting these big name fighters who werent very good if he had done something great in his prime....similar to how leonard fought old duran but difference is leonard beat a prime duran to go with it. with floyd...alas he did not. only has the old versions. thats where we return to he fought baldomir, mitchell, gatti, etc...a waste. even though prime canelo lost to ggg you still got to give him respect for trying.
                    Last edited by daggum; 11-26-2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X