Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone ever believe Andre Ward was ever on Floyd Mayweather Jr's level or above?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather was one of the best pure boxers in history. Whereas Ward could barely box for ****. Why do you think he used to grapple his opponents all the time? Because he couldn't do it clean.

They are chalk and cheese as far as i'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Mayweather was one of the best pure boxers in history. Whereas Ward could barely box for ****. Why do you think he used to grapple his opponents all the time? Because he couldn't do it clean.

They are chalk and cheese as far as i'm concerned.
      Hey man all these racial stereotypes you’ve been using? They’ve been really offensive to me, can you tone down the intolerance my *****?

Comment

Both were great. Ward is top 40 all time. Mayweather top 3 all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
          Both were great. Ward is top 40 all time. Mayweather top 3 all time.
          When are we gonna 1 v 1 bro?

Comment

Mayweather is levels above in skill and resume... can't believe people actually think Ward is better?

a record of 7-0 (2 KO) against former or current world titlists
            a record of 9-0 (2 KO) in world title fights.

Vs

a record of 24-0 (7 KO) against former or current world titlists:
            a record of 26-0 (10 KO) in world title fights.
            Last edited by DuckAdonis; 12-02-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
              Hey man all these racial stereotypes you’ve been using? They’ve been really offensive to me, can you tone down the intolerance my *****?
              WTF are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                If yes, then why couldn't Ward beat his best opponents like Sergey Kovalev, Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler as impressively as Mayweather beat his best opponents like Canelo Alvarez, Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez?

Mayweather lost fewer rounds against his best opponents than Ward did against his best opponents.

Mayweather also beat Canelo Alvarez indisputably with a near shutout performance. To the point where there wasn't any need for a rematch because there wasn't any doubt as to who won in that bout. Proving that the gap in skills between Mayweather and one of his best opponents in Canelo Alvarez was significantly greater than the gap between Ward and one of his best opponents in Sergey Kovalev. Since Andre Ward didn't decisively beat Kovalev the first time with the win being in doubt because the rounds were closer and Kovalev won more rounds against Ward than Canelo did against Mayweather. The same was the case in the rematch until Ward resorted to illegal moves to achieve his controversial stoppage victory. In other words, Ward didn't indisputably prove to be the better boxer than Kovalev whilst Mayweather indisputably proved to be the better boxer than Canelo Alvarez, Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez.
                Every point you made here is debatable. For one, the Canelo Floyd fought was at a catchweight and was young and still relatively unskilled, marquez was too small to be any threat to Mayweather and while I know people will argue this til the cows come home, the paq fight was close. Ward constently beat the best he faced, he got the benefit of the doubt in Kovalev one perhaps...

Now regarding Ward: He beat Froch clearly and convincingly when it was thought the fight would be close, He beat Kessler and he put an exclamation point with his tagging the Russian with a punch for the ages.

Ward actually is more well rounded than Mayweather, he fights at all ranges. Floyd definitely is a master at what he does in the ring, even being more accurate than Ward, but not by much.

Its all how you look at it, both guys are great fighters, lets see how far Kovalev goes....to see who Ward beat, and lets look at this comparison a few years down the line... History will tell us in the end where both guys should be.

Comment

Nope, not even close. The quality of competition that Floyd fought was significantly higher than Ward's.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    Nope, not even close. The quality of competition that Floyd fought was significantly higher than Ward's.
                    Ward beat the bully kov doh

Comment

Floyd may have been more technically precise but he bored me. There's a lot of technically sound fighters that I don't care for. Andre was gritty and had a lot of looks.
                      As far as opposition, are we really valuing fighters like old Pac over Kovalev? K...

Comment

Working...
                      X