No announcement yet.

Like I said - AB is rubbish but Mikey ain't all that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I said - AB is rubbish but Mikey ain't all that

I'm calling it now. Mikey is not a p4p calibre fighter. He can looked very physically dominant and powerful when he can impose size but against guys that can match size, will never look that good.

Don't get me wrong, he was punch perfect against AB but like I've been saying for years, before the Maidana fight even, AB is at best a c/d level fight. Not only has AB lost his fights, he has lost almost every round in those fights. Mikey just did what others have done already, and looked just as slow and mechanical and I've said he is.

If he fights Loma, he loses. If he fights TC, he loses. If he fights any of the top guys at welter, he loses.

I think this should be the perfect opportunity for Khan to get back in the spotlight. He'd cut Mikey up and beat him by a wide, wide decision.

Mikey's far from rubbish but he will have to adapt to not being the strongest in the ring and he isn't abnormally fast . The broner fight was a good warm up to test strategies out but other than that it says little. It's a little like canelo vs Chavez where it doesn't tell you too much but I definately thing Mikey has champion pedigree, will, and skill. It's not Mikey fault broner doesn't have the will to put it all out there-- for all we know Mikey might have stepped his game up if Broner forced him. Broner just isn't capable of fighting outside his comfort zone.

Comment

I thought the odds were crazy since Mickey was coming up but i see why now, there really was no size difference Broner did not look bigger.

Comment

The fight was shart

Broner is a c level fighter at best, every time he stepped up he got beat, he should have another 2 losses on that record

Garcia is very basic, neither man really impressed me

I dont give Garcia much of a chance to beat Crawford

Comment

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Mikey was almost textbook perfect yesterday and made Broner look completely powerless.

Nobody has shut down Broner so completely like that. Not even Maidana or Porter.

Comment

Mikey is clearly a P4P level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              I don't know what you guys are talking about. Mikey was almost textbook perfect yesterday and made Broner look completely powerless.

Nobody has shut down Broner so completely like that. Not even Maidana or Porter.
              And he did it in his first fight at 140, with Broner looking perfectly good at the weight (ie, not drained or fatigued).

That is a solid win.

If he can make 135 still, him vs Linares would be golden. I dont like really good fighters moving on from a division if there is unfinished business or they havent clearly established they are top dog. If he cant make it any more then fair enough.

Comment

Just goes to show most ppl don't know wtf they're watching when they watch these fight. Mikey is clearly one of the top 10 best fighters in the world.

Comment

very skilled but not as hard to hit...i think we can now put to rest the claim that he hits harder than maidana, that's obviously a myth....also, dont think he's as durable above 135

Comment

I think he would lose to Loma and Crawford but he would probably beat Khan. He is a lightweight and he shouldn't fight above 135. Broner is much bigger and Mikey completely dominated him. Still, those who said he punches harder than Maidana were proven wrong. He never had Broner in any real trouble in spite of hitting him with everything he has.

Comment

Working...
                    X