Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who looked better against Montel Griffin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who looked better against Montel Griffin?

Just curious...

Roy Jones - Ahead on two of the three cards, staggered him, dropped him and got DQ'd in the first one, blasted him out in a round in the second one.

Or James Toney - Lost twice, 6 score cards, not a single one had Toney as the winner.

Hard to says Toney looked better after Jones got a KO in 1. I felt Tony looked lackluster in the two fights. I would have to watch it again, but for some reason I remember feeling that Toney edged the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Hard to says Toney looked better after Jones got a KO in 1. I felt Tony looked lackluster in the two fights. I would have to watch it again, but for some reason I remember feeling that Toney edged the rematch.
      I had it 1-1 but both were either way.

Same way I had McCallum beating Toney the second time but it was either way.

Comment

But a poster told me that the "consensus" is Toney performed better against Griffin than Roy Jones.

Comment

Well obvious that the dude with ko1 looked better.

But I thought Toney beat montel

Comment

roy looked better in both fights, but james won the rematch with griffin and got robbed by the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
              roy looked better in both fights, but james won the rematch with griffin and got robbed by the judges.
              Wasn't robbed.

Close either way fight, both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Well obvious that the dude with ko1 looked better.

But I thought Toney beat montel
                You'd think that would be obvious wouldn't you?

I had it 1-1 but neither were robberies.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                  Then I guess my memory is not shot, because I remember thinking Toney edged out a win.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    But a poster told me that the "consensus" is Toney performed better against Griffin than Roy Jones.
                    Stop it Dan Montel was a very slick fighter, always liked him. Obviously the Jones fiasco was silly and should not have happened. I don't think either fight was a robbery either. Both could have gone either way, I would have given the second to Toney.

Comment

Working...
                    X