No announcement yet.

Prime Manny Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko at 130

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Yes, there are a number of pros I would pick to beat Manny in a fantasy fight. When I do, I will list the reasons why I am doing so just as I did here.

Now who do you think would win, Loma or Manny and why?
    you tell me who you see this guy beat on your eye test, to suggest that he would ko a prime manny pacquaio, and i will answer that...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      you tell me who you see this guy beat on your eye test, to suggest that he would ko a prime manny pacquaio, and i will answer that...
      The thread is about Loma v Manny at 130. I posted who I thought would win and why. If you disagree, fine. Just answer the TS question.

You seem to just want to go at me because I picked Loma. I'm not getting into that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        The thread is about Loma v Manny at 130. I posted who I thought would win and why. If you disagree, fine. Just answer the TS question.

You seem to just want to go at me because I picked Loma. I'm not getting into that.
        it says loma vs. prime manny...a guy who hasn't been legitly tested, vs. a guy who has been thoroughly tested...

Comment

Originally posted by HiTechnology View Post
          His best performance was against Barrera at 126 and it's not up for debate.

Lomachenko has a chance of outslicking him but manny was a beast and tough to deter. I'll go with Manny in a close fight
          You couldn't be more wrong. Manny wasn't half the fighter he became around the Oscar/Hatton/Cotto fights. Did he beat an ATG, and in super impressive fashion, of course. But would the new and improved version of Manny that got a right hook beat MAB even worse, not even up for debate.

Are you kidding me right now? And no, his win over MAB wasn't better than his 2 round massacre of Hatton. He was almost flawless in every aspect of boxing, and looked like an actual machine.

Comment

Pacquaio would murder him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Gotta disagree with you there CAS, Pacquiao can get out box through counter punching ALA Marquez style, he can get out boxed in long range ALA Mayweather style but he always made the fight close.

About I'm certain Lomachenko would not just mongoose his way to a U.D Pacquiao once was a mongoose himself.
              Not disagreeing there, Manny was plenty smart, and could definitely beat, and maybe even drop a few times, and finish Loma, but to give Loma no chance is absolutely nuts. Loma has ATG skills, and talent, and one of the most technically sound fighters, ever, in the history of boxing.

I can't even put into words how skilled, and technical this guy is. But of course, even if you have all the skills in the world, when you're in there with another ATG caliber fighter, and one with a chin of iron, the will to win like a rabid wolverine, and with Pac's physical attributes, you can just as easily lose.

I'm not siding with either guy too hard, because I can see how both fighters present problems for each other. This is seriously a toss up fight if I've ever seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                it says loma vs. prime manny...a guy who hasn't been legitly tested, vs. a guy who has been thoroughly tested...
                I read the thread as Manny vs. Loma at 130. If it's absolute prime Manny, the same one that beat up Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Margs, I'm giving Manny the edge by a pretty decent margin, and I give him a really good chance of finishing him, or dropping him a bunch.

Now, that's if we're transporting his skills from those fight into a 130 lb. package, and whatever he'd weigh on fight night.

Comment

One things for sure, no version of Manny would've stood around, and been scared to throw his left hand, and not willing to go in and throw bombs at him like Rigo's lil scary ass.

Rigo had a chance to be one of those ATG fighters that could tussle with anyone, and flat out beat anyone, but when you perform like that against a very heated rival, and your biggest fight, your stock goes down majorly in the history books. And especially if you haven't really done that much prior. He's got a lot to do to make up for last Saturday night, or has to rematch him, and go big or go home.

Comment

The Pacquiao that fought Oscar was the same size as Loma.

His foot speed, power and punch output would have been more than a match for Loma.

A great fight, shame it can't happen.

Comment

It would play out like Morales-Pacquiao 1. And for those who reference that fight and actually watched it, you'd know Pac suffered a nasty cut from an accidental butt which shut his eye and affected his vision. Nonetheless, Morales won a very close fight and that was a war.

If they had fought, I'd expect something similar to that. Pac was always an offensive machine; he always marked up his opponents especially guys of similar size. Only Floyd who was rangier and a bit taller could keep him at a distance.

Even though Loma is more well schooled /fundamental...doesn't mean he'd win. He'd have a chance though but he'd have to be able to withstand a war ie. Morales-Pac 1.

Pacquiao gave guys who had high IQs with solid fundamentals fits..(morales, barrera, marquez)...it'd be the same with Loma. His workrate, awkwardness, angles, and feistyness would give anyone trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X