No announcement yet.

Did terrible my first fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RudyRude View Post
    Hey fellas, had my first fight back in July. The guy I had an exhibition with had 5 boxing matches and 4 kick boxing bouts for a total of 9.I trained my nuts off just to not really throw any punches and when I do throw them ****ty. Got my mouth piece knocked out 3 times because my I couldn't breath through my nose because it was clogged with blood.

I love this sport more than anything and it's my favorite thing in the world. If I fought a good fight and lost I wouldn't care but I fought like absolute ****. I'm still training now but the thought of embarassing my coaches eats me alive to this day. Thinking this sport isn't for me destroyed what was alot of confidence, especially how I was supposed to be talented according to my coaches and a few others.

Sorry for the long post just feels alot better getting it off my chest after a few months. I can't wait to fight again to prove to myself but in the meantime it's eating me.

before the fight I felt "weird" I wasn't nervous in the slightest, I felt drained per say

end of rant
    Let me tell you a secret. Most coaches are going to tell you what you want to hear. They'll tell you you're talented even if you're really not, that's their job.

Remember when you went to the dentist as a kid and they told you how good your teeth were? Yeah, they tell that to everyone. Everyone's great and special nowadays.

Makes dealing with asskickings even harder, kids can't handle it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
      Don’t sweat it, you learnt a heap in your first bout, about yourself and boxing. Getting in there is the first step, the adrenalin and occasion changes everything and you’ll improve for the next one.

Get back in the gym, talk to your coach about areas you can improve. Not sure about the mouth guard issue, you should clear your nose in the corner between rounds and get some adrenalin on swab in there, if your nose is broken not much you can do but get used to the sensation and swallow the blood, you’ll be more prepared next time.

Get your ass back in there as soon as possible and in the meantime spar as much as possible. Don’t let others records get in your head, we all tend to big up the achievements of others but the fact is, he ain’t fought you before, so make the opponent work for their next win.
      What?! Mate, don’t swallow the blood! Try as much as you can to spit it out. Swallowing it can/will make you feel nauseous, heavy and puke, especially if you then get hit in the stomach.

Anyway, to the TS. Try to recreate that mental feeling in some sparring sessions as if you’re in the same fight. It can help you get used to the stress of a fight but keep it up and use it to learn more.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        What?! Mate, don’t swallow the blood! Try as much as you can to spit it out. Swallowing it can/will make you feel nauseous, heavy and puke, especially if you then get hit in the stomach.
        Spit it out? How well do you spit with a mouth piece in your mouth while controlling your breathing and fighting? He'd have spit/slobber hanging from his face and then once he's punched a couple of times it will be smeared all over his face. In this sport swallowing a little blood is part of the game. You get the rinse/spit in the bucket after the round.

My nose bled like an open faucet when I was starting out. My blood lay spattered all over our white canvas in the gym. Get used to it because the inside of your mouth will get torn up too. With me and the nose bleeds, they just stopped one day. The inside of my nostrils are probably scared big time.

A bloody nose ain't nothin'. Swallow it, spit it out.... just do what you got to do and fight on. Unless it's broken ofcourse. Then you should inform your corner at which time they should stop the fight.

Demetrius Pattilo, I fought him up in Canada in our first bout. Demetrius was out of Detroit. In our bout I broke his nose in the first round I believe, there was blood everywhere. Demetrius, being the warrior that he is never let up on pressuring me. I won the bout by decision but damn, Demetrius never quit and would not give me even an inch to get my work in. At the next show I found out that I cracked his nose. Demetrius Pattilo......... one ****in' tough kid..........
        Last edited by Rockin'; 12-18-2017, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

Anyway, to the TS. Try to recreate that mental feeling in some sparring sessions as if you’re in the same fight. It can help you get used to the stress of a fight but keep it up and use it to learn more.

Let us know how it goes.
          Rockin covered this above, but unfortunately it's a reality that you will swallow some blood, especially if you're breathing is struggling, got a do anything to get rid of it but the only real break in action to have a proper clean out is between rounds.

On your other point, I don't know how you recreate the feeling of a real fight, for me it wouldn't be possible, the difference is like a band doing a rehearsal and live show, really nothing compares.

I used to suffer horribly with adrenaline dump, my training was great, prep awesome, nutrition down to the ounce but nothing could stop my legs and arms feeling like mush for the first 10 seconds, if I had not crushed those feelings and reached the top level I don't think 10/12 rounds would have worked for me, I reckon I burnt 40% my energy in round 1

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
            Let me tell you a secret. Most coaches are going to tell you what you want to hear. They'll tell you you're talented even if you're really not, that's their job.

Remember when you went to the dentist as a kid and they told you how good your teeth were? Yeah, they tell that to everyone. Everyone's great and special nowadays.

Makes dealing with asskickings even harder, kids can't handle it anymore.
            Hahaha you should rename yourself the dream crusher...you'll be telling him about santa next....but unfortunately its mostly true. I did have a couple of coaches who's honestly I respected, they'd tell you when you looked terrible in training etc

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
              Hahaha you should rename yourself the dream crusher...you'll be telling him about santa next....but unfortunately its mostly true. I did have a couple of coaches who's honestly I respected, they'd tell you when you looked terrible in training etc
              Sometimes you need a little bit of Teddy Atlas in your life when things aren't going that well.

Comment

Working...
              X