No announcement yet.

Australian Boxing Just Officially Died

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Boxing Just Officially Died

Whenever our fighters step up to America, or top level competition, they get beaten.

Daniel Geale just got slaughtered Gennady Golovkin, and Sam Soliman is probably next.

There is no one left on the world stage.

It's time for Australia to go back to the drawing board and start building champions, with PASSION for the sport.

Originally posted by Adrien_Boner View Post
    Whenever our fighters step up to America, or top level competition, they get beaten.

Daniel Geale just got slaughtered Gennady Golovkin, and Sam Soliman is probably next.

It's time for Australia to go back to the drawing board and start building champions, with PASSION for the sport.
    Its difficult for australia, how many people are even fans of the sport, yet alone participants.

There is so many other easier options like AFL, NRL or cricket.

Mum's dont want their sons getting punched in the head for a living, look at the AFL and NRL trying to reduce head high contact.

There is too many things working against boxing in australia sadly.

Comment

For a country with < 30 million and not a big following of boxing, we punch above our weight.

Problem is the Dilly dib and Mundine of boxing get most of the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
        For a country with < 30 million and not a big following of boxing, we punch above our weight.

Problem is the Dilly dib and Mundine of boxing get most of the attention.
        Well we havnt heard from Mundine after his flogging which is a positive.

Billy Dib..... cant stand watching him box, he has such an ugly style.

Comment

I want a career in Boxing but there is no-where to start where I am living in Australia.

It's as if the Boxing is a hobby for coaches. They don't give a ****.

Comment

Are you suggesting Sam Soliman and Daniel Geale don't have PASSION for boxing?

Comment

Geale, Caparello, Fletcher, Bika and Dawson all lost, many in very bad fashion within the space of 5 weeks in high profile fights.

Soliman should get the business done against Taylor but with his backing and the luck of an Australian boxer you just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                Geale, Caparello, Fletcher, Bika and Dawson all lost, many in very bad fashion within the space of 5 weeks in high profile fights.

Soliman should get the business done against Taylor but with his backing and the luck of an Australian boxer you just never know.
                Lol it's funny and true!!! I'm actually glad I put money against all the Aussies and made pretty good coin! Prob put money on Soliman though!

Comment

Competition from the mainstream sports plus the relative wealth of our country make it tough for boxing to continue to prosper here.

Comment

I want a career in Boxing but there is no-where to start where I am living in Australia.

It's as if the Boxing is a hobby for coaches. They don't give a ****.
                    Where abouts?

Comment

Working...
                    X