Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you train to hit harder? Do squats and bigger muscles help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayweatherspace View Post
    The ultimate guide to hitting harder

I have done some research and based on what I have read, most of the power of a punch comes not from the fist or arms, but from the power generated in the legs. Is this true or just a myth?
    That would explain why boxers like Tyson hit so hard because they had rock hard legs like tree trunks

Other training to punch harder - speed bag, shadow boxing, squats, explosive training, HIIT cardio

Am I missing anything else? What other factors in training can improve your punching power?

Ask Taha. He is the expert in this area

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
      Ask Taha. He is the expert in this area
      Trump is scheduled to meet with Taha to discuss budget issues.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Trump is scheduled to meet with Taha to discuss budget issues.
        Also trump wants to hire Taha to get America in shape.

Comment

Stay balanced and feet solidly grounded when throwing a power punch. Use that base to generate the start of the punch. It’s a subtle thing, not jumping up, but more like getting firmly set on both feet. Stay loose in the upper body and hands to start the punch and generate speed, tighten up towards the end of the punch and clench the fist. If your too tight to start the punch, your speed and power will suffer

Comment

Originally posted by mayweatherspace View Post
            The ultimate guide to hitting harder

I have done some research and based on what I have read, most of the power of a punch comes not from the fist or arms, but from the power generated in the legs. Is this true or just a myth?
            That would explain why boxers like Tyson hit so hard because they had rock hard legs like tree trunks

Other training to punch harder - speed bag, shadow boxing, squats, explosive training, HIIT cardio

Am I missing anything else? What other factors in training can improve your punching power?

Squats help for sure.

Comment

I would echo the sentiments about good form and warn against too much upper body weightlifting. When I was 13 or all these big weightlifting muscle bound guys would join the gym and my dad would throw me in with them and I would pretty much always get them after the first two minutes because they would gas, also too much weight lifting can make you a push puncher

Comment

Work on your speed, Speed becomes power.

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
                  Work on your speed, Speed becomes power.
                  Tell Malignaggi that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
                    Stay balanced and feet solidly grounded when throwing a power punch. Use that base to generate the start of the punch. It’s a subtle thing, not jumping up, but more like getting firmly set on both feet. Stay loose in the upper body and hands to start the punch and generate speed, tighten up towards the end of the punch and clench the fist. If your too tight to start the punch, your speed and power will suffer
                    exactly. mans knows what he talking about.

**** all the explosive lifting get this **** in check lol

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                      exactly. mans knows what he talking about.

**** all the explosive lifting get this **** in check lol
                      LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

Working...
                      X